Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me about Damsel In A Dress

(14 Posts)
OTheHugeManatee Fri 27-May-11 13:42:34

I've just spotted a dress I nearly bought from DIAD reduced to half price. I'm sorely tempted. But I'm generally nervous about buying online without trying, and I'm pear shaped so my sizing can vary depending on the cut and make. Can anyone tell me whether DIAD clothes come up big or small?

TIA

<fidgets with credit card>

moragbellingham Fri 27-May-11 13:57:19

Mine was true to size.

I can't link a whole thread but try looking for this one for guidance from early May - "Just got my Damsel in a Dress package, did anyone else?
(87 Posts)"

OTheHugeManatee Fri 27-May-11 14:00:43

OK <deep breath> I'm going to do it.

I believe that if you look longingly at a dress, go away and think about it, then come back and it's still there and they've reduced the price then the Frock Fairy is trying to tell you something.

<self-justifying emoticon>

moragbellingham Fri 27-May-11 14:12:01

Which one is it?

AlpinePony Fri 27-May-11 14:13:36

Which is it? I'm very elephant "hippy" and the dresses had more than enough stretch to accommodate - plus lining for the hiding of sins (multiple).

OTheHugeManatee Fri 27-May-11 14:15:53

This one

<excited>

AlpinePony Fri 27-May-11 14:17:28

haha funny, I was looking at that just 20 minutes ago. It's 100% silk... so there's not going to be much give - on the other hand, if it doesn't fit it's hardly the end of the world to send it back!

OTheHugeManatee Fri 27-May-11 14:24:18

It's a cut that usually looks nice on me (hourglass shaped), and the gather at the front will hopefully make for a forgiving look.

It's DP's birthday the week after next so I have an excuse to go shopping want to look nice grin

MABS Fri 27-May-11 14:26:51

lovely, i find their sizing accurate, if anything a bit generous.

moragbellingham Fri 27-May-11 14:58:51

I think their clothes are flattering for our shape. It is very pretty and I hope you've ordered it!!
My DH persuaded me to keep my DD dress so I think they are sexy and understated too.

SarkyLady Fri 27-May-11 15:05:33

It is dry clean only.

Would rule it out for me smile

Nice dress though

OTheHugeManatee Wed 01-Jun-11 09:53:52

Update - it arrived today and is FAB. Fits perfectly grin

<twirls>

MABS Wed 01-Jun-11 13:07:42

brilliant

NanAstley Wed 01-Jun-11 17:44:46

Ah, that dress is gorgeous. And it is available in my size. Damn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now