Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Right, just bought clothes for first time in AGES - did I choose right?

(9 Posts)
KMR281 Fri 27-May-11 12:55:11

ok, so haven't bought new clothes for about a year or so, but going out for dinner with DH on Saturday (very rare occurence!)so ran round shopping centre with DS2 today - got new jeans (£15 Dotty P), cheapy handbag,but for the night out I got this Descending&categoryId=208650&parent_categoryId=208600&pageSize=20 top thingy
I@m 5'2", bit curvy, size 10. Was planning to wear with skinny jeans and knee high flat boots. Whaddya reckon?????

TragicallyHip Fri 27-May-11 12:58:16

Top is pretty. Wouldn't knee high boots be too hot tho?

KMR281 Fri 27-May-11 13:00:41

I'm up in Scotland, and it's pretty cold just now! Also got a thin belt to possibly wear with top and reduce the potential resemblence to maternity wear...

WanderingSheep Fri 27-May-11 13:04:28

It's really pretty but I would wear some nice heels with it rather than flat, knee high boots. I like the butterfly print smile

Lisatheonewhoeatsdrytoast Fri 27-May-11 13:07:19

I'm in Scotland too, you're damn right it's cold grin

I love the top, would def pair with a skinny belt tho, and jeans sounds good, but i'd go for some heels too, to add a bit of sass to it, just wear tights underneath for heat if needed wink

KMR281 Fri 27-May-11 13:15:11

do you know, I may actually have some boots with a heel somewhere from 'pre kids' days... might have a trying on session later. Ooh, it's like being a teenager all over again - wink and of course if I fall over due to not wearing heels for years, I can blame the one & a half glasses of wine I may have [lightweight emoticon].

TragicallyHip Fri 27-May-11 13:15:53

Fair enough then grin

Yes to skinny belt, do you have heeled boots?

Madlizzy Fri 27-May-11 13:16:32

I like a lot, and am tempted myself. grin

KMR281 Fri 27-May-11 13:23:59

gaa, heeled boots are knee high and too tight (pull on ones) to go with skinny jeans. Have got some ankle high knee boots tho - that aren't tight. anyway, I guess so long as I don't wear my old trainers I'll dazzle and amaze DH with my sylishness...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: