Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I'm a warm, deep, clear - but can't remember what colours I should wear?

(45 Posts)
Stylelostinlabour Fri 27-May-11 11:38:59

All this talk of colours got me thinking - I'm sure I've had mine done and I have but I cant find my colour swatches and Colour me whatever have changed the types.

So what should a warm, deep, clear be wearing? I do navy and orange but struggling with other colours.

TattyDevine Fri 27-May-11 11:41:13

I dont think you can be deep, warm AND clear, can you?

TattyDevine Fri 27-May-11 11:41:42

You are either a Deep Winter, a Deep Autumn (probably if you are "warm) or a Clear Winter (in which case not warm)

TattyDevine Fri 27-May-11 11:49:46

If you are a Deep Autumn, check out this page

mittenkitten007 Fri 27-May-11 12:31:20

Really good explanation of warm vs. cool, soft vs. clear, and deep vs. light here at Truth is Beauty main page.

Stylelostinlabour Fri 27-May-11 13:09:11

emmm well can't be a Deep Autumn as remember her saying Black was a complete no no or a Deep Winter as I have bright blue eyes and it says dark eyes?

From the palette cards I remember Navy, Orange, Tomatoe Red and no black or bluey pinks etc - does that help anymore?

mittenkitten007 Fri 27-May-11 13:29:01

don't look at eye colour . . . any season can have any eye colour. It's only about the skin undertones.

Are you a spring? Springs get navy AND various oranges. Someone posted about this page on the other PCA thread -- it gives all 12 palettes. Maybe you will recognize yours!

LaCerbiatta Fri 27-May-11 13:34:23

You can be deep, warm AND clear. The question is which one is dominant. If you are deep, warm and clear in that order, then you suit very dark strong colours, as a deep. And then you suit dark browns, terracottas, deep oranges, tomato red, dark yellow, as a warm and as a clear you suit those colours but clear, as opposed to faded, if that makes sense?

I am deep, cool and clear, so almost like you. But suit pinks and purples and blues, instead of the browns and oranges. Terracotta is my worse colour!

LaCerbiatta Fri 27-May-11 13:35:10

Just to add that you probably had your colours done at colour me beautiful where they don't do (or didn't use to do at that time) the seasons

LaCerbiatta Fri 27-May-11 13:35:50

Although if deep is dominant then black is good!

Stylelostinlabour Fri 27-May-11 13:43:35

Oh thank you tugamommy it's warm, deep, clear in that order so I wonder what season I am - any ideas?

everyspring Fri 27-May-11 14:24:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stylelostinlabour Fri 27-May-11 14:38:47

Warm Autumn sounds more like me I think as deep autumn is too dark on the skin tone and I'm quite rosy/red/blush type colour. Maybe I shoud stop being tight and go and get them done again!

Stylelostinlabour Fri 27-May-11 14:41:14

although everyspring I've just a had a peek at your lovely photo and I'd say I'm quite similar in coloring - thanks for the information

everyspring Fri 27-May-11 14:50:45

TattyDevine Fri 27-May-11 14:51:40

You can wear black if you are a Deep Autumn. Possible you are a warm Autumn in which case thats why she said no black. Not sure where the clear would come into it though.

Dammit I'm so going to get my colours done as soon as I've reinstated my hair to brown (I'm doing a Jennifer Aniston golden thing at the moment as I'm having a midlife crisis bored but I think I prefer my glossy brunette thing)

Stylelostinlabour Fri 27-May-11 15:21:19

Right that's it I'm going to go with Warm Autumn or can you be dark autumn with blue eyes and hold the black?

TattyDevine Fri 27-May-11 15:31:54

With the no black and bluey pinks I would say warm autumn is most likely...

Ormirian Fri 27-May-11 15:36:32

What colours can you wear if you are a Shallow Muggy and Slightly Hazy sort of Midseason?

<sniggers and runs away before someone throws a colour chart at me>

TattyDevine Fri 27-May-11 16:07:48

You can wear phleghm green and bog-brush brown, that is all.

<<Looks at Ormarian with tilty headed gaze>>

everyspring Fri 27-May-11 22:15:21

prolificwillybreeder Sat 28-May-11 12:57:44

Could someone help me please?
I looked at the palette and I'm even more confused.
I'm Pale but not ivory more olivey. I've greyish blue/greenish eyes with pink cheeks.
I look terrible in black, pink, pale colours and marl grey.
I wear navy's, deep purples browns and teals.

So sorry to hijack Stylelostinlabour! I desperately need to go shopping but fed up of not knowing what suits me whilst lugging my large bump about with me.
Thank you.

WhatsWrongWithYou Sat 28-May-11 13:03:59

Stylelostin, did they not give you a wallet of swatches to refer to? Or have you lost it? I'm sure you could get a new one if you called the consultant.

Tatty, you don't have to wait for your hair colour to grow out as they cover the hair.

mittenkittenhasthumbs Sat 28-May-11 13:51:47

Orm, you do appear to be a summer but it's hard to say from your photos -- although the one of you in the red sportscar is smashing.

mittenkittenhasthumbs Sat 28-May-11 13:55:26

Willybreeder, you could be deep autumn . . . but let me cast about for a page I found that suggests lipstick "draping"! (I need to get myself to a MAC counter, stat.)

Here it is.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: