Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I'm a frump. HELP!

(8 Posts)
Megatron Thu 26-May-11 20:38:34

I used to be quite into clothes, shoes, make up etc. BUT after having DC's I am a classic example of someone who 'let themselves go'. Anyway I've decided that I need to sort myself out, I've lost the 3 stone I desperately wanted to but I would like to buy some new clothes but I have no idea where to even look.

So I'm turning to you MNet gurus to help me!

I'm 44, size 10/12, and I do NOT want to spend the rest of my lift in scabby old clothes like I do now. I don't need work/office wear as I'm a nursery nurse and spend my days on my knees covered in snot and worse, but I would like to buy some nice casual clothes, going out clothes/shoes but the shops I used to frequent seem too young for me now.

Where do you shop? Where will I get decent clothes that don't make me look 65 for a reasonable price??

Gillybobs Thu 26-May-11 21:51:00

Im 38 and like Oasis, Zara, Warehouse, Gap, Limited Collection at M&S, RIver Island for scarves and bags.

Gap Real Straight jeans in dark denim are fantastic, slim but not too skinny, look great with flat shoes, heels or tucked into boots

Rolled up chinos are a great casual look this summer, get them everywhere at the moment

Im loving my little jersey blazers, got mine from uniqlo for £30, wear it with jeans or chinos and even over dresses. here Its lightweight and comfy

Love em or loathe em, but I adore breton tops, favourite one just now is from Zara, prganic cotton one for £10. Brilliant. Again, wear with jeans or chinos. Awesome under the jersey blazer or a little cardi. here it is

Also like slightly dressier tops/blouses from Oasis and warehouse. Great for smart casual with jeans and ballet pumps or dressed up with heels. like this

HTH

Megatron Fri 27-May-11 07:38:13

Have had a look at all those sites and they are exactly the kind of thing that I like so THANK YOU! Have even ordered a couple of things already. grin

Gillybobs Fri 27-May-11 09:49:19

Thats fantastic , what did you order?

madammecholet Fri 27-May-11 10:27:35

I think I may be you gillybobs. We have such similar taste in clothes as well as bags! I shop where you do, have Gap jeans, a jersey blazer, rolled up chinos and about 4 bretons at the moment.....grin

megatron also try banana republic, great plains for staples & massimo dutti (if you can find a store near you)....

Gillybobs Fri 27-May-11 10:49:15

Madamme - do you also love chocolate and the odd glass of vino? If so, I can confirm that you are indeed me x

Gillybobs Fri 27-May-11 10:50:40

Oh and yes yes to Banana Republic and Great Plains, forgot about those two. (No Massimo Dutti in Scotland : ( )

madammecholet Fri 27-May-11 10:59:17

We are one in the same then, its official. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: