Talk

Advanced search

i have a hundres quid to spend on dior .. help

(11 Posts)
irishqueen Thu 26-May-11 17:47:12

Won the duran duran comp on mumsnet nd the promoter has contacted me and told me to choose on dior online up to one hundred quid!
What beayty products should I choose
I'm pale skinned, strawberry blonde and 38 yrs old ... Just

moragbellingham Thu 26-May-11 18:03:32

Diorskin nude foundation. Really good for coverage and pale skin.

ggirl Thu 26-May-11 19:35:26

their eye pencils are very good

iEmbarassedMyself Thu 26-May-11 19:36:39

diorshow is one of my preferred mascara's if you like mascara

mrsravelstein Thu 26-May-11 19:37:07

i bought a 62 quid dior foundation (accidentally, didn't realise how much it was til i was at the checkout) called something like captive totale, which is v good, it's a heavier coverage than the diorskin foundation.

and the diorshow blackout mascara is blimmin brilliant

Gillybobs Thu 26-May-11 19:39:10

Lovely lip glosses too

irishqueen Thu 26-May-11 19:42:25

ohhh im getting excited now! think it wold be really cheeky if i went to the dior counter in debenhams and got advice with no intention of purchasing from them?

YesterdaysPants Thu 26-May-11 22:10:20

Ooh get a posh moisturiser and foundation.

Havingkittens Thu 26-May-11 23:47:52

Absolutely go to the counter and make sure you make the most of your prize! I get given free products in return for crediting cosmetics companies on a fashion shoot so I'm always going to the counter to get advice on what to choose. Just be upfront with the person so they know you're not purchasing and go at a time that's quiet so they are not missing out on sales by spending time with you. (They aren't on commission but they do get their arses kicked if they don't make target.) A Monday is a good bet, or maybe Tuesday, as this Monday in Bank Holiday.

A few things I really like from Dior are, the Dior Addict Glow Lipbalm which is great for days you don't want to wear lipstick as it brings out the natural colour of your lips and adapts to each individual person who wears it. They do a really nice SPF35 Illuminating Moisturiser (which I don't remember the name of). The Sculpt 10 Focus Firming eye lift is supposed to be great too but I've not tried it personally. The new sheer lipsticks are lovely too, especially the bright coral and the pink. And my all time favorite red lipstick which may or may not be of interest to you. Diorific Rouge Bingo/Roulette Red (No13.)

irishqueen Fri 27-May-11 08:50:16

Cheerd kittebn!!

sparkle1977 Fri 27-May-11 10:44:49

What about Dior perfumes too ? They do some lovely ones, I currently have the Pure Poison one which I love.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now