Talk

Advanced search

What new fashion buys should i treat myself to?

(10 Posts)
Vix1980 Wed 25-May-11 20:35:11

After 3 years of not working and shopping in only charity stores i am finally getting my first wage packet this weekend and am blowing at least a bit of it on me before the bills come knocking, as ive not been to shopping though what should i get, i need smart clothes to wear for work, not suits, just nice trousers and lovely tops i can also wear out after work too.... i just havent a clue where to start. had a look on a few websites like new look river island where i used to go but it all seems soooo expensive and young looking just dont feel like i fit in anymore but i want to..

Im 5 foot 5, 31 yrs old, so need something still fashionable obviously just wont be getting me near any hotpants or boob tubes etc!! thanks

Vix1980 Thu 26-May-11 07:56:09

Anyone??

iWILLdothis Thu 26-May-11 10:38:57

congratulations on getting a job! smile
How about trying ebay for some nice brands like Boden a bit cheaper if you feel like you've grown out of the likes of new look and river island? I'm liking Monsoon these days too. Also try Phase Eight?

iWILLdothis Thu 26-May-11 10:40:38

To keep costs down, how about getting some new scarves and other accessories to alter the look of an outfit you already have?

Franup Thu 26-May-11 10:44:03

Recommend zara. Cheap trousers, loads of tops - look on the website first but do go and try. Not the best quality, won't promise they will all be ok in a year. But loads of brights for this season, nice smart capris that are in suitable colours for work. Nice blazers and jackets (which actually are of decent quality).

I've got a zara top on today, day off, that I also wear to work and have worn out as well.

Vix1980 Thu 26-May-11 17:15:44

Hiya thanks for the suggestions, just had a look on phase eight website and i love the clothes but bit out of my budget so ill be checking them out on ebay! i Love Zara,but never find anything to fit me right, think its all made for leggy model types fromspain and that definatly aint me, but ill certainly have a look!

TragicallyHip Thu 26-May-11 17:19:25

I have just seen some nice skinny trousers in Gap, they do other styles if you don't like the skinny look.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Thu 26-May-11 17:20:36

Look out for Phase Eight sales, as they have some excellent bargains. I got a gorgeous silk dress for less than thirty pounds.

H&M is a pit and I hate going in there but they have some lovely scarves at the moment at very low prices and also some nice summery cotton jackets.

How about trying to get a couple of really flattering pairs of jeans, some cheaper tops then a nice blazer and some scarves?

Vix1980 Thu 26-May-11 17:28:19

To be honest i have a drawer full of scarves with all intention of wearing them, but when i put them on i just feel stupid in them, absolutely love shopping for them but im sooo not a scarf person!

wow on the dress for £30 though, ive already got my eye on a navy halterneck dress just waiting for it to go in the sale though, stalking phase eight already smile

RainbowShite Fri 27-May-11 11:21:07

Some beige chinos, some coloured chinos, some lovely jeans. Three nice tops, a cardie and a couple of summer dresses. Some wedges and some nice flats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now