Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

H & M Chinos

(5 Posts)
Bunbaker Wed 25-May-11 10:23:34

Hi

I am thinking of buying these H & M chinos, but would like to know if anyone already has these and do they shrink in the wash?

I have long legs and am often disappointed with trousers that shrink in length, but not in width. I always use a low temperature wash, but it still happens.

Thanks in advance

EmergentWriting Wed 25-May-11 10:58:12

Ooh, I have these on today!

I'm very pleased with them, they feel really nice. Can't advise though, because I only just bought them and haven't washed them yet. Seeing as they're rolled-up ones, will it matter if they shrink by a tiny amount?

Bunbaker Wed 25-May-11 11:21:18

"will it matter if they shrink by a tiny amount?"

Yes it will. I don't want to roll them up as I already have a couple of pairs of cropped trousers. We are holidaying in the UK next week and the forecast isn't good. I also feel the cold really easily so I want some long trousers that stay long.

Thanks anyway.

celticlassie Wed 25-May-11 16:49:56

See, I think I like these but do they not also have all that excess fabric around the crotch and arse area that make even skinny people look huge?

The whole chino issue really upsets me.

EmergentWriting Fri 27-May-11 11:43:21

yes and no really.

Yes they are looser fronted than say a pair of jeans, but they come onto a very flat waistband (not gathered up in a pouchy sort of way) so I don't think they're too bad. My stomach is my absolute worst area so I definitely wouldn't be wearing them if they made matters worse.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: