Talk

Advanced search

alternative to touche eclat?

(32 Posts)
TheVisitor Mon 23-May-11 15:56:02

I have realised that it is this that's drying out the skin under my eyes, as it was much better when I had a week without makeup. Thing is, I do need something! Can't be too pricey either, cos we is a bit skint, innit. grin

Your input would be most appreciated.

ConnorTraceptive Mon 23-May-11 15:57:39

I use aldi's version for £3.99 I can't really tell the difference from when I used to use touche eclat and it apparently has won awards

southeastastra Mon 23-May-11 15:58:47

tesco make up is also quite good, in a pen too but only one shade iirc

TheVisitor Mon 23-May-11 16:02:00

Are they drying though? I'm 41 with normal to dry skin, and the flaky undereye look is not good! Am quite happy to us Aldi and Tesco stuff if it's not going to dry out.

Love Aldi moisturiser, btw. grin

Northumberlandlass Mon 23-May-11 16:05:14

Another vote for the Aldi one here !
I have never used Touche Eclat though, but still used more expensive alternatives.
x

blossoming Mon 23-May-11 16:06:17

I just got the Bobbi Brown concealer. Comes in a duo with pressed powder. Really like it but ££.

TheVisitor Mon 23-May-11 16:13:34

blossoming, is this the one you're talking about?

blossoming Mon 23-May-11 17:33:23

Yes, that's the one. You go to the counter and get colour matched. I've been really happy with it - bought it on Wednesday, and I've been using TE for years.

CointreauVersial Mon 23-May-11 17:36:35

Can I just ask how old your tube of Touche Eclat is? After a while they do tend to grow bugs which can give you an eczema-type irritation, so if you've had it a while it may be that, not the formulation itself iyswim.

But another alternative is Boots No7, which is just as good, and not pricey.

Evizza Mon 23-May-11 18:51:08

Aldi one for me too...excellent product and nice packaging smile

TheVisitor Mon 23-May-11 20:32:48

Only a few months old. I found the boots one wasn't good for my crinkly skin. grin

I may persuade DH that I deserve a treat and go for the bobby brown one. grin Then again, it would be worth trying the Aldi one as it's so cheap!

pointydog Mon 23-May-11 20:38:09

I've tried a couple and have found that both dry out a bit over time. Maybe that's what's happening?

cyb Mon 23-May-11 20:39:06

no 7 one.

supadupapupascupa Mon 23-May-11 20:41:23

clinique airbrush gets my vote

MiniModee Mon 23-May-11 20:48:28

I've stopped using Touche Eclat and have started mixing a bit of my normal foundation with Soap&Glory Hocus Focus it works great. A friend told me to try it and I'm converted.

BearBehavingBadly Tue 24-May-11 00:33:11

Another vote for the Aldi concealer.

tooworried Tue 24-May-11 01:43:36

Touche eclat is not a concealer ladies - perhaps that's where you're going wrong.

wednesday13 Tue 24-May-11 01:58:33

Aldi all the way, they only have 3 colours but if one of them is OK for you you're sorted.

TheVisitor Tue 24-May-11 12:17:58

Tooworried - it worked wonderfully under my eyes, but is now drying out the skin. Not so much a case of me going wrong, as the product no longer suiting me.

twolittlemonkeys Tue 24-May-11 12:22:12

I can't notice the difference between the Aldi one (palest colour) and Touche Eclat. Brilliant and £20 cheaper.

blossoming Tue 24-May-11 12:44:43

What is Touche Eclat then? I'm sure it was sold to me as a concealer? Maybe that's why I'm so impressed with the BB then! Which definitely is a concealer. I have really dark shadows though.

MiniModee Tue 24-May-11 14:21:19

YSL call Touche Eclat a highlighter pen I think.

MiniModee Tue 24-May-11 14:22:42

Yes, just check and they say it is a highlighter pen. This is the bumff off the Boots webpage for it:

Discover the light by Yves Saint Laurent. This world-famous, take-anywhere pen-brush is perfect for highlighting and refreshing make-up. Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat has tiny light particles and mineral extracts to create a healthy, natural glow - light, luminosity and radiance at the click of a button. Use to add a radiant touch of light or banish shadows and signs of fatigue from the eye area, the hollow of the chin, the contour of the lips and the sides of the nose. All of your best feature's will be highlighted!

Discover the wonder of Touche Eclat!

Eight Hours of Sleep in a magic wand
Banishes shadows and tired-looking eyes by adding light and creating an instant lift to the eye area.
With a few strategically placed strokes of Touche Eclat, the complexion immediately looks rested, rejuvenated, and radiant.
Creates fuller looking lips when used in the hollow of the chin and around the contour of the lips.
Ideal for anyone who wants instant radiance, luminosity, and lift!

MoniDubai Thu 16-Jun-11 08:51:12

Benefit's Erase Paste is really good for dark circles/brightness under the eyes, it comes in 3 shades but it isn't light reflecting, they also used to do a Hollywood Glow thing that was like Touche Eclat oh and Mac's strobe cream is like touche eclat but for the whole face. These products restricted for winter wear as we live in Dubai where it would just melt most of the time!

hope this helps !

timefliesby Thu 16-Jun-11 10:09:52

Boots no. 7 definitely. Comes in two colours. 1 or 2. I use 2. Plus no.7 often does 3 for 2 deals or those £5 off vouchers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now