Talk

Advanced search

Can this website be real?

(11 Posts)
GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Sun 22-May-11 22:03:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sanesometimes1 Sun 22-May-11 22:17:33

Rule of thumb that I try to go by is - if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is - mind you I have been known to stray now and again blush

Sanesometimes1 Sun 22-May-11 22:21:10

Just looked on the contact us page - does sound a bit dodgy the email address is gmail ! also, bit saying "we wish you a happy day" - does not sound at all "British"

softhoney Sun 22-May-11 22:49:01

I think it looks very dodgy and wouldn't risk it unless you're prepared to lose your money.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Sun 22-May-11 23:23:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TattyDevine Mon 23-May-11 13:50:32

You might find they are pretty undistiguishable from "real" raybans and might consider treating yourself anyway. Does it matter if they aren't real - as long as you really can't tell?

With some things it does, others it doesn't.

My rule of thumb is if they take Paypal, they I'm happy to risk it - Paypal have a claims process that includes "item is fake". If they dont refund you, paypal will.

If they dont take Paypal, I wouldn't risk it.

Gillybobs Mon 23-May-11 14:29:50

I think its def a site selling fakes. Either way, they state that you will have a customs liability as the product is sent internationally. I recently got caught out ordering cheap perfume from abroad and had to pay £12 excise duty. As thee cost more than the perfume I imagine the duty would be more. Also , I wonder what the customs folk would do if they are fakes. Just a thought

KeepCalmAndCurryOn Mon 23-May-11 19:40:37

The lenses may not be properly protective if fake - don't risk it!

blushingm Tue 24-May-11 14:01:53

if they are uk registered they have to provide an address and phone number (afaik)

TristanHeard Wed 20-Jul-11 21:38:54

Do Not buy from this web site, they took money from my account and never sent anything nor have they returned my money, I have reported them to Rayban who are aware of them. They are not based in the UK and have no contact details apart from a Gmail email address. THIS IS A CON WEB SITE

MrsGerardButler Wed 20-Jul-11 21:44:30

It says on the site that the contract is governed by Chinese law, so that makes me a bit hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now