Advanced search

Comfy heels for wide feet (size 3 1/2)

(4 Posts)
HappyAsIAm Wed 18-May-11 10:50:25

Its like the search for the holy grail. And I'm not getting there! I desperately need 3 inch (7.5 cm) or so black heels for work. I've tried loads and loads on including Clarks soft (agony) and I am not discovering that my feet are actually pretty wide. Any recommendations or finds which you could point me towards please?

higgle Wed 18-May-11 11:15:18

How old are you? I'm begining to think that it must be an age thing. My feet are widish and a bit nobbly but not enormously so. Every single pair of shoes I buy that are not trainers or flip flops hurt. If I persevere then after a while most of them become OK. This week I have become reasonably comfortable in some Clark's sandals that I've had for 3 months and another pair that I've been wearing for nearly a year. Clarks or M&S with Insolia are the best bet, but nothing is comfortable from day 1.

HappyAsIAm Wed 18-May-11 11:59:45

higgle, I'm 35. I have been wearing flats for ages, and spent a year of maternity leave in trainer type shoes, and I'm sure that my feet just widened because they weren't being compressed into uncomfortable heels on a daily basis! But now I can't find heels to fit. I've always favoured comfprt over style, but I don't want granny shoes for work. I've recently lost weight, and I have lots of nice new dresses and I'd like nice shoes to be able to actually wear them!

I can't find an M&S near enough to me with enough insolia variety, but I'll keep looking. I don't midn spending ££ on comfortable heels fpr work, but they need to be comnfortable. I have wasted ££££ in the past on shoes which i simply can't wear.

This season, I ahve found these Clarks sandals to be comfortable (the only sandals in the shop which were)

hjaerup Wed 15-Jun-11 21:54:23

I can recommend a new website with links to online shops selling small, large and wide shoes (among other categories). The address is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now