Talk

Advanced search

Comfy heels for wide feet (size 3 1/2)

(4 Posts)
HappyAsIAm Wed 18-May-11 10:50:25

Its like the search for the holy grail. And I'm not getting there! I desperately need 3 inch (7.5 cm) or so black heels for work. I've tried loads and loads on including Clarks soft (agony) and I am not discovering that my feet are actually pretty wide. Any recommendations or finds which you could point me towards please?

higgle Wed 18-May-11 11:15:18

How old are you? I'm begining to think that it must be an age thing. My feet are widish and a bit nobbly but not enormously so. Every single pair of shoes I buy that are not trainers or flip flops hurt. If I persevere then after a while most of them become OK. This week I have become reasonably comfortable in some Clark's sandals that I've had for 3 months and another pair that I've been wearing for nearly a year. Clarks or M&S with Insolia are the best bet, but nothing is comfortable from day 1.

HappyAsIAm Wed 18-May-11 11:59:45

higgle, I'm 35. I have been wearing flats for ages, and spent a year of maternity leave in trainer type shoes, and I'm sure that my feet just widened because they weren't being compressed into uncomfortable heels on a daily basis! But now I can't find heels to fit. I've always favoured comfprt over style, but I don't want granny shoes for work. I've recently lost weight, and I have lots of nice new dresses and I'd like nice shoes to be able to actually wear them!

I can't find an M&S near enough to me with enough insolia variety, but I'll keep looking. I don't midn spending ££ on comfortable heels fpr work, but they need to be comnfortable. I have wasted ££££ in the past on shoes which i simply can't wear.

This season, I ahve found these Clarks sandals to be comfortable (the only sandals in the shop which were) www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-women/producttype-is-sandals/product-is-20343931

hjaerup Wed 15-Jun-11 21:54:23

I can recommend a new website with links to online shops selling small, large and wide shoes (among other categories). The address is http://www.sizes4you.com.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now