Talk

Advanced search

What is your footcare routine?

(18 Posts)
Carrotsandcelery Sat 14-May-11 21:48:49

How do you get and keep your feet sandal pretty?

ceebeegeebies Sat 14-May-11 21:54:54

With difficulty - the soles of my feet are pretty minging tbh!

Anyway, I have recently discovered that vaseline makes an excellent foot moisturiser - smear it on, rub it in a bit and then put some socks on for a while - seems to work for me. And then put a lovely bright nail polish on and it instantly makes your feet look pretty smile

Carrotsandcelery Sat 14-May-11 22:22:37

So how often do you put on the vaseline and repaint your nails?

I have various gadgets for shredding exfoliating my feet but feel I would need to do this daily to keep them completely sleek.

The wearing of sandals seems to make them more grim as well.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 14-May-11 22:23:54

I don't do either of the above and my feet are soft and perfectly respectable to be seen in sandals

Carrotsandcelery Sat 14-May-11 22:24:56

So is it the exfoliating and moisturising that is making them react do you think?

bibbitybobbityhat Sat 14-May-11 22:26:06

Wash them thoroughly at least once a day. I use a bath brush for this, in the shower, like to give them a really good scrub. Dry carefully between the toes.

Ta-da.

CointreauVersial Sat 14-May-11 22:30:09

My feet are horny, crusty and vile, but they are a long way (at least 5' 7") from my eyes, so I try to ignore them.

I do sometimes set about them with one of those lovely corn knives, which "shave" off all the dead skin in a very satisfying manner. I also cut/paint my toenails (currently still red/white/blue as I haven't re-done them since the Royal Wedding).

I do have some heel cream and a pair of cotton socks to sleep in, but I rarely remember to use it. My heels look like the surface of the moon.

chipstick10 Sun 15-May-11 08:24:41

I use pedegg. Scrubs. Cuticle remover. almond oil. Peppermint oil. and loads of cream.

ManicAnnie Sun 15-May-11 08:50:13

In summer:

Pedicure at a salon every 2-3 weeks. I cann0t be arsed to replicate what they do at home!

In between, I soak my feet in the bath or a bowl of soapy water almost every evening (prob 5 nights a week), dry and massage with flexitol (allowing to dry in) before going to bed.

Most mornings I shower, and moisturise my whole body anyway, so include my feet (I use Vaseline Aloe Fresh - light and absorbs quickly for when you are trying to get ready in a hurry).

If my feet are getting a bit rough towards when the next pedicure is due, I use a foot file to buff up heels and dry areas.

I do the same in winter but would only have a pedicure every 4-6 weeks-ish.

cyb Sun 15-May-11 08:58:18

When they look vile, ped egg and splodge some varnish on. Never have pedi's.

HATE having my feet touched, I grimace through the whole thing and it takes all my concentration not to kick the poor gal whose doing it

TattyDevine Sun 15-May-11 15:49:46

In summer, I give them a good file or have a pedicure every 2 or 3 weeks. That pretty much keeps them nice.

In winter, nothing (apart from the odd polish). They dont get dry in winter...they are soft and lovely all the time. I wear Uggs a lot though, not sure if that's a factor.

smartyparts Sun 15-May-11 16:07:42

I am obsessed with my feet and other people's!

I have so may friends that are gorgeous, quite often glamourous - apart from their hideous, minging feet. Gruesome.

I scrub my feet about twice a week and use Fexitiol every day. I have no hard skin or -shudder- cracks on my feet

ENormaSnob Sun 15-May-11 16:11:54

Pedegg 4 to 5 times a week.

Moisturise every day.

Nails always neat and painted.

Mumelie Sun 15-May-11 16:15:12

I do like nice feet!
I try to foot file mine at least once a week (on dry not damp skin). Use a foot balm after my morning shower everyday. Do my nails, well, would hope for once a week but more like every other week!
Having them exposed in the summer does mean this needs to be done much more often though.

Butterbur Sun 15-May-11 16:15:16

My foot routine:

Wash

Dry

That's it. They look fine. I might bung on some nail varnish if I'm going to be wearing sandals.

Carrotsandcelery Sun 15-May-11 16:33:29

My dh has a thing for hands and feet. He is far more likely to look at a woman's hands and feet than any other part of her anatomy - not in a letchy way though, he just thinks they are beautiful.

He is the first to notice that someone who appears very glamorous has horrid feet.

Mine were always fine but seem to be really dry this year - I have no idea why.

My hands however, look like they belong to an old lady - I am only 38!

pensheric Sat 18-Jun-11 15:48:02

try a visit to footcare4me.com -plenty of products there to make your feet beautiful again.

tulpe Sat 18-Jun-11 19:32:34

I use Mama Mio O-Mega body scrub on my feet. It contains lots of gorgeous natural oils so leaves them baby soft. I also keep CND Cucumber Foot Balm in my kitchen so that when I am about to wash my hands, I apply foot balm first, before washing hands and applying moisturiser to them too smile

Another trick which works quite well is to keep a pot of foot cream by your bed so that you slather it on each night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now