Talk

Advanced search

Crepeys - Rage, rage against the dying of the light....

(1001 Posts)
kerrymumbles Fri 13-May-11 14:13:55

I guess I'll start this time....

Hullygully Fri 13-May-11 14:19:46

Oh good.

I want to carry on talking about Saino clothes.

Hullygully Fri 13-May-11 14:20:44

See it not as the light dying, but as a new dawn to be run at, seized, and thoroughly used up.

Rabindrath Tagore.

kerrymumbles Fri 13-May-11 14:29:59

grin

wish we had sainsbos here.

tesco very limited

kerrymumbles Fri 13-May-11 14:30:47

i can go for that hully

motherinferior Fri 13-May-11 14:38:56

That Mr Tagore was a Nice Bengali Boy, you know <helpful emoticon> and as such my mother would approve. (Mr Inferior is also a NBB.)

I am wearing a pair of not very well-fitting Sainsbo's black denim jeggings purchased in tearing hurry before a meeting last year.

Swedes2 Fri 13-May-11 14:47:05

My granny told me you are no longer 'with it' grin the moment you buy the same thing in duplicate or in another colour. It's so so true.

I've never shopped for clothes at Sainsbos I must have a look.

DH and I played tennis on grass courts this morning, it was heaven.

I still haven't downloaded the couch to 5K app or bought running shoes. But I am doing plenty of other exercise. I will get round to it.

Does anyone shop at Cos, a lady I know always buys lovely things from there are looks super elegant and trendy.

I'm going to get my hair done next week and I reckon I need to go considerably lighter with my trustafarian caramel and hazlenut hi-lights, and possibly the base colour needs to be more mid-brown than dark brunette. But I fear looking like a badger. I need to find a good colourist don't I?

Hullygully Fri 13-May-11 14:48:23

No, you need to give in and be silver and proud.

I buy triplicate - I've really had it in your granny's eyes.

Blackduck Fri 13-May-11 15:08:19

I looked in Cos and thought quality was shite and it was tres expensive (it is only posh H&M...)

Hullygully Fri 13-May-11 15:10:59

I thought it was a lettuce.

bigTillyMint Fri 13-May-11 15:14:03

On a recent shopping trip with a friend, I saw one lady (much older than mewink) with triplicate trousers, asking if there were any more colours!

We also popped into Cos, but it was very expensive for some rather sack-like dresses in orange mainly.

herbaceous Fri 13-May-11 15:16:18

Some stuff at Cos is lovely, I reckon, but it's very straight-up-and-down. When I try anything on I look about a size 22. The fact that I go in at the waist is my one redeeming feature. Kindly dress me accordingly.

Hullygully Fri 13-May-11 15:16:22

I found a very lovely blue shirt in M&S a few years ago that I liked so much I bought three. I am down to the last one, but had some copies made in India to keep me going. They are a bit rubbish, but better than nothing.

Hullygully Fri 13-May-11 15:17:13

Indian ladies know how to dress. Beautiful tunics that cover the bum hip horror, flarey trousers under.

kerrymumbles Fri 13-May-11 15:20:14

snort @ lettuce

kerrymumbles Fri 13-May-11 15:23:16

I have decided to do something potentially silly.

I am going to start a blog\diary. Each day or so I will recall one random memory from my life.

hopefully it will entertain someone

Hullygully Fri 13-May-11 15:24:38

Weren't you writing a book once? <searches dim dusty memory with a torch> What happened to that?

herbaceous Fri 13-May-11 15:25:16

Here's that Peacocks breton tunic. Now down to £6, I note. Shakes fist

DP objects to me buying el cheapo clothes, what with the blind children workers and that. He has yet to shower me with expensiveethical designer lovely items, however.

Hullygully Fri 13-May-11 15:26:11

Saucy. I hope you accessorise with a bicyle and string of onions?

kerrymumbles Fri 13-May-11 15:36:23

i still am hully. it took a bit of a back seat for a bit there with getting married, honeymoon phase

blah blah

excuses excuses excuses

Hullygully Fri 13-May-11 15:37:26

Well write that, not the blog. Wasn't there fire, and blood?

Blackduck Fri 13-May-11 15:44:52

I have a fab indian outfit dp brought back from Delhi (I castigated him for not bringing back more) It consists of red trousers with a drawstring waist which I could get in twice, but which go tight at the knee to ankle and fantastic rust orange top that covers a multitude of sins......I love it...

motherinferior Fri 13-May-11 16:10:52

My mother, on the other hand, urges me to wear a sodding sari. I would love to be able to wear a sodding sari. The accidents of genetics mean that rather than the olive-skinned doe-eyed lovely my parents should have produced I am a lumpen white-skinned red-head sad

CointreauVersial Fri 13-May-11 16:35:58

Phew! Found you all.

I was just trying to work out where I buy most of my clothes, and I have to say, recently it's been the charity shop. We have a fab British Heart Foundation shop stocked with all sorts of goodies; nothing desperately cutting edge you understand, but last week I bought a pair of work trousers (Karen Millen), a pair of cropped denims, a pair of denim shorts, a bright cotton skirt (Monsoon - lush!) and a lovely pair of brown linen trousers. Total expenditure? £25.

Can't go wrong if you want basic/classic items, and a cheap retail thrill into the bargain. And if you are after the Chums look they cater for that too. grin

Kerry, don't waste your money POAS yet; my periods are all over the place, and if I tested every time I was late I'd be broke. You won't be pg......well, you might be......no, no, you won't.

AnyFucker Fri 13-May-11 16:38:02

checking in

This thread is not accepting new messages.