Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get nice bf tops from?

(17 Posts)
bessie26 Tue 10-May-11 11:25:24

I need some more bf tops for the summer, any suggestions on where I can get some from? I tend to wear jeans & long shorts more than skirts, so I'm looking for nice t-shirts & tunic tops...

bessie26 Wed 11-May-11 22:19:55

Anyone???

Tamdin Wed 11-May-11 22:28:04

Sorry Bessie have never seen any! Always seem to be plain looking cross over tops. I wear long vests under my normal clothes tbh. I live in jeans too with nice non bf top of some sort and a long plain topshop vest underneath to hide tummy whilst feeding. Sorry not much use to you.
I was going to start a thread re nice bf bras! Mine are all ready for the bin. Had a look in marks and Spencer but pretty uninspiring. Any top tips where to buy nice ones?

reddaisy Wed 11-May-11 22:49:28

Sorry Bessie, I also never found any, I just used to pop DD up my top and drape something over me (like a muslin or blanket) if needed. The ones I saw were still hideous and very expensive. I don't want to wear something hideous all day.

muttimalzwei Wed 11-May-11 22:51:13

Verbaudet ones aren't bad, especially if you just get the simple white and black one. Also H&M have some nice stripy ones sometimes which don't look like breastfeeding tops.

muttimalzwei Wed 11-May-11 22:52:13

Best way is to wear a vest top which you pull down and a blouse which you pull up, that way you show less nipple and feel more layers!

tethersend Wed 11-May-11 23:01:10

Anything here?

bessie26 Wed 11-May-11 23:53:02

Hmmm tethers nice stuff, but I'm not paying that much money for a top! [scrooge]

I've got some nursing vests & a couple of suitable Tshirts to wear over the top, but I remember getting really hot wearing 2 layers (& holding a baby) last time I bf in the summer...

mamaway have a few nice tops (I have the green hoodie tunic & love it!)

mutti wicheck out verdabaut & h&m (I didn't know they did nursing clothes)

tamdin I'm struggling with bras too - bravissimo have nice stuff, but I never really wear frilly, lacy undies anyway & don't want to fork out that much money for bras which might not fit me in a few weeks time! I ordered a couple of dull but functional bras from M&S tonight as I only have 2 which fit atm & they are from last time I bf & are quite well used!

SickOnMyShoulder Thu 12-May-11 05:29:04

I wold buy 3 or 4 of these and wear them under my summer vests and tees

Parietal Thu 12-May-11 05:53:38

I've spent ages looking and spent far too much money on money that weren't nice

My favourite are Boob from the NCT shop

Or carriwell (google for it)

You can also get a good selection at EverydayMaternity.

Parietal Thu 12-May-11 05:54:12

... Money on ones ...

bessie26 Thu 12-May-11 08:17:16

Oooh parital there are some nice things on the everyday maternity site, especially the Boob ones -will have a proper look later when I can get onto the PC!

Ambernj1 Thu 12-May-11 09:37:49

I have a couple from Isabella Oliver that I really like, but not cheap - c.£60 each, but they are so nice I will probably wear them when I stop feeding. They also have great resale value on ebay...

nearlytherenow Thu 12-May-11 14:26:27

I feel as if I've looked at every affordable bf top on sale in the UK, and none of them are that nice - all seem a bit mumsy / hippy / obviously a nursing top to me. I've ended up buying a few Emma Jane vest tops (drop down clips and keep you quite covered, also suck in my mummy tummy quite nicely), then some nice "normal" floaty T-shirts / tops with buttons to wear over the top. It does seem to be a real gap in the market though.

joshandjamie Tue 31-May-11 12:27:26

Emma-Jane has breastfeeding tops that you can wear either layered under another shirt or on their own or to sleep in. There's the length one http://www.emma-jane.com/nursing-top821.htm, the length one http://www.emma-jane.com/nursing-top822.htm and the one http://www.emma-jane.com/nursing-top826.htm. They also have some of breastfeedng tops that look sort of like style wraps http://www.emma-jane.com/nursing-top-841.htm

They don't sell direct though so google the style number and it should pull up a list of stockists. Hope that helps.

joshandjamie Tue 31-May-11 12:27:58

sorry my linking went a bit wrong there!

Lastyearsmodel Tue 31-May-11 12:30:31

Frugi have nice bf tops and dresses - 3 for 2 and free delivery til midnight tonight I think.

I have one from Asda too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now