Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

microdermabrasion - any experience with it? enlarged pores

(9 Posts)
smilesandsun Sun 08-May-11 17:03:34

Hi,

I have enlarged pores on large areas of both sides of my nose and want to see if I can do anything about it. I was at a spa clinic the other day and they recomended microdermabrasion. I have very fair skin and am also prone to lots of blackheads...

Would love to feel good about going out without makeup.

Thanks for any comments!

darleneoconnor Sun 08-May-11 20:18:20

I think microdermabrasion will work for the blackheads but wont effect the enlarged pores. You can get laser treatment for that. Or there are pore minimising cremas.

smilesandsun Sun 08-May-11 20:24:14

thanks for the help, shall continue to research

ggirl Sun 08-May-11 21:32:28

nope doesn't do anything for enlarged pores
have had it expecting the same and hasn't worked
didn't realise laser treatment helped either , though it was something you had to put up with
you could just wear a decent primer without foundation to hide them

toutlemonde Sun 03-Jul-11 13:14:48

I was about to post about this - is there no fixing looking like a cat then?! Only hiding it?

tangerinajolie Sun 03-Jul-11 13:56:58

I find microdermabrasion can have the added of bonus of helping pores look less enlarged but it is more an added bonus from other benefits from the treatment.

If you have a few treatments it helps to regulate over oil production so and brings blockages up to the surface where they can be removed more easily. This in turn means the pores are clearer and they look less obvious as they are not overloggged with too much oil iyswim.

You probably would not get to that point after only one treatment though.

TattyDevine Sun 03-Jul-11 14:17:51

You could look into a proper chemical peel for enlarged pores.

CakeandRoses Mon 04-Jul-11 22:55:01

i have it once a month and find it brilliant for getting rid of blackheads and just making my skin look much fresher and brighter. as others have said, no change to open pores tho.

kalo12 Mon 04-Jul-11 22:59:23

i had micro dermobrasion, i thought it was good, helped a bit.

also REN glycolactic face peel is great - and all natural.

but a beautician told me ten years ago that the best thing is to stop wearing make up for as long as you have been wearing make up and it will improve - and its true and now i hardly ever wear make up and my skin / pores are million times better!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: