Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Yes it's been done before but I need to know now - best mascara for false lash effect

(27 Posts)
Kormachameleon Sat 07-May-11 15:45:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

carpetcat Sat 07-May-11 16:07:56

Hi, I like Max Factor False Lash, and Diorshow (though that one is expensive).

Bellebelle Sat 07-May-11 16:14:55

Givenchy panoramic, it's the one with brush like a ball, it's brilliant. I couldn't find Givenchy make up anywhere but ordered it from House of Fraser online for next day collection in store.

GeneHuntsMistress Sat 07-May-11 16:17:57

L'oreal Perfection Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black

I can only wear evening going out - it's that good, I look like a tranny if I wear as daytime mascara

GastonTheLadybird Sat 07-May-11 16:20:10

I like Dior Show and Dior Blackout. Some of the twitter ladies have been raving about Hypnose Drama and precious cells.

Unfortunately I think mascara is a bit of a try and buy thing, I haven't liked some that people absolutely raved about to me (Benefit Bad Gal, for example).

Bellebelle Sat 07-May-11 16:25:20

I don't like the benefit one either, it seems to flake.

whysolate Sat 07-May-11 16:27:01

Another vote for Max Factor Flase Lash Effect. I Love it!

whysolate Sat 07-May-11 16:27:31

*False!^^ Obviously

KittySpencer Sat 07-May-11 16:32:36

Max Factor False Lash
Lancome Hypnose

Years ago I used to use a Dior one with cashmere, not sure if they still make it but it was v v good.

mosschops30 Sat 07-May-11 16:38:48

I love the chanel one, best mascara ever

Kormachameleon Sat 07-May-11 17:30:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Panzee Sat 07-May-11 17:32:17

I like the Max Factor one but it does flake a little. I've decided it's worth it.

Tourelles Sun 08-May-11 17:46:26

I have the divaderme fibre lash extender from victoria health website, and this looks similar:

http://www.modelco.com.au/PRODUCTS/EYES.aspx?ProductID=115

the divaderme is amazing, takes a few practices but gives you the false lash effect!

cyb Sun 08-May-11 17:49:55

make Up 2000 my big fake lash or somehting. From Superdrug. Fab

Havingkittens Sun 08-May-11 23:42:08

I use a couple of coats of MAC's Prep & Prime lash primer under whatever mascara I am using at the time and the results are pretty astonishing. At the moment I am just using Rimmel's Sexy Curves on top as i am "road testing" it at the moment, and that's working really well but I'm a big fan of Max factor false lash effect, MAC Zoom Lash or Lancome mascaras too.

NotFromConcentrate Mon 09-May-11 16:35:04

I'm a massive fan of Max Factor's False Lash Effect.

I am a massive fan of 'designer' brands but, as far as mascara is concerned, I'm yet to find one that beats Ma Factor

carrielou2007 Sat 14-May-11 21:52:16

The max factor false lash in the purple tube is rubbish!! I am blonde and bought it as I have very long lashes but not at all keen. I love L'oreal lash architect and Lancome but find they do flake a bit, not good with contact lenses.

Still looking as being a blonde can not use black and most brown/black's are really black!!

ettiketti Sun 15-May-11 05:54:34

The L'Oréal one mentioned above.people keep asking if I've had lash extensions again....which is your other option ;)

superv1xen Sun 15-May-11 12:00:32

another one for max factor false lash effect. before that i used to use YSL efft faux cils which was also brilliant but about 20 quid. the max factor one is about a tenner and actually better than the ysl one.

a good tip for good lashes is to put talc on them first, only a bit though, just put some on your fingers and put in on your lashes then apply mascara.

The3Bears Sun 15-May-11 17:13:02

I am obsessed with mascaras and have tried too many.
I use Diorshow which is great but I didnt like it at first not sure why but now I love it.
I also use Benefit bad gal lash which I think is great aswell mine started to flake when it was drying out so about 5 months after I got it other than that it was fine.
Mac zoom was imo rubbish far to liquidy and smudged everywhere did not get again, for a budget Maybelline mascaras are great and would highly recommend.
Hypnose is okay not my best though, and I have just got the Clinique high impact one to try smile

The3Bears Sun 15-May-11 17:14:29

Dont use Loreal their mascaras are good but they test on animals sad

Frenchchic Fri 10-Jun-11 22:13:09

Max Factor Falsh Lash in purple tube is fantastic!

SwearyMary Fri 10-Jun-11 22:16:30

I use Dior Show Iconic Extreme or at least I think thats what its called! Its waterproof and is in a silver tube. Its fab.

verytellytubby Sat 11-Jun-11 08:36:51

Love Clinique High Impact.

iloveeverton Sat 11-Jun-11 08:39:29

Diorshow or clarins wonder curl

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: