Talk

Advanced search

highlights at hairdressers.

(14 Posts)
leedsgirl1979 Tue 03-May-11 12:26:52

How much do you pay or would you expect to pay for a full head of highlights and cut and blow dry by a junior stylist in a hair salon? Obv not London prices just a bog standard hair salon in a small market town.

wolfhound Tue 03-May-11 12:27:59

£80? Get mine done at home now by mobile hairdresser for half of that...

dottyp82 Tue 03-May-11 12:41:55

i pay £53 for half head highlights and a cut and blow

Dropdeadfred Tue 03-May-11 12:43:22

£85ish

Dunno about a junior, my stylist charges £139.00 for full head cut and blow in the salon (town, not very posh salon).

I have been going to her for years and years so when the prices got shocking she asked if I would prefer her to come to me, so now I pay £40 and she does the kids for freegrin.

VValery Mon 12-Sep-11 16:57:55

I live in the uk and usually attend hair salon Croydon Ice Hair, their prices are reasonable but the most important is that i've found a good hairdressersmile

happy2bhomely Wed 14-Sep-11 16:43:59

I live in London (not city) and I pay £60 for a full head of highlights (2 colours) and a cut and blowdry. They do a great job and it's not the poshest of places but it's smart enough. Last month ws a promotion and I got a free manicure thrown in too!

sowrong Wed 14-Sep-11 19:36:18

I feel financially deprived. I live in Surrey and pay £150 for multi-highlights. No more,I'll travel.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 14-Sep-11 19:47:36

I pay about £85 for full colour, sunkissed streaks (highlights to you and me) and a cut and blow. Do get a friend & family discount off my lovely stylist though.

WholeLottaRosie Wed 14-Sep-11 20:02:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Bellavita Wed 14-Sep-11 20:05:43

I pay about £68 for a full head of highlights and a colour all over to hide the grey including a cut and blow.

PuppyMonkey Wed 14-Sep-11 20:06:52

I get mine done by a senior stylist in a town in Derbyshire and also have semi permanent full head underneath and it costs £75. Cup of tea included.grin

Rubiesandrainbows Wed 14-Sep-11 21:49:12

I get mine done at the local beauty college for.....£35 full head, 2 (or 3) colours and cut and blow dry. They do take a while tho, but the result is always of a very very high standard smile Only thing is, they aren't open weekends, so that can be the major drawback....

SayItIsntSo Wed 14-Sep-11 21:58:32

Can someone recommend somewhere in either London, Cambridge or Bishop Stortford (or even Norwich). I have mine done by a non-posh place in Cambridge and it's very hit and miss, and super pricey c. £150.

The last time, I cried (DH didn't know how to console me) as the colours were not what I wanted (not dreadful enough to get my money back but strangely stripey and brassy rather than the ashy I like: even though they allegedly used the same products as usual). It was just before my sister's wedding this summer and every time I look at the photos ... I need to get highlights done soon, would consider salon or a mobile hairdresser. Please feel free to DM details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now