Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have a really tall husband who hates to buy clothes?

(23 Posts)
Mireowl Thu 28-Apr-11 20:46:12

DH is 6'5 and hates shopping because nothing is ever long enough so he ends up in Gap tshirts and Paul Smith jeans and nothing else. Does anyone have any suggestions for other brands that might work? Our last shopping trip lasted 15 minutes before he insisted we start shopping for me (not that I really minded that!).

CMOTdibbler Thu 28-Apr-11 20:50:41

DH is 6'3, and he shops at Lands End for casual clothes as they have a tall fit.

somersetmum Thu 28-Apr-11 20:54:46

dh 6'6 and needs a minimum of a 34" leg. He is long in the body though, which means that sleeves are never long enough and he ends up tucking in shirts sad to hide that they are too short.

knitknack Thu 28-Apr-11 20:58:47

DH is 6'5" and he LOVES g-star jeans in the longer length (not cheap, luckily mil buys him some at christmas), we've also recently bought him duffer of st george and rocher jeans from debenhams...

He LOVES ted baker (i'm not so keen!).... and i buy him shirts from mantaray at debenhams sometimes...

Mireowl Thu 28-Apr-11 20:59:37

I know that look somersetmum!

Thanks CMOTdibbler will check out Lands End..

MaryMotherOfCheeses Thu 28-Apr-11 20:59:42

M&S for work trousers. They never have them on the rails, but ordering on line works fine. And saves actually going into a shop.

popstar Thu 28-Apr-11 21:06:20

Some of Boden's trousers come unfinished so you can hem them to the required length. My husband is 6'10" with a 38" inside leg and there's just enough length to hem them for him. Happily MIL does this as I can't sew at all! grin

popstar Thu 28-Apr-11 21:11:40

Also Savile Row Co add an extra 2" to the length of their shirt sleeves for around a fiver. As you can see he also does all his shopping on-line!

MaeMobley Thu 28-Apr-11 22:08:25

Another vote for Lands End. DH no longer shops in the UK. He buys his casual stuff in the US and has his work suits made to measure.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 28-Apr-11 22:31:19

Diesel jeans are long in the leg and also next do an extra long length - DH is 6ft 4 but slim and these work well on him.

Shirt wise - thomas pink is good for formal but casual is harder especially if like DH you are quite slim so need things to be fairly fitted.

foxinthewoods Thu 28-Apr-11 22:34:11

Fat face tops are long in the body

ShouldersBackAndNoBiscuits Thu 28-Apr-11 22:36:54

I have one of these - he's 6'5" and a slim athletic build. He won't try things on in a shop either, so ends up buying things that then hang off his shoulders in a shapeless fashion. He does quite like fat face though - they have good hoodies/jumpers etc as they are not XL = fat sized.

Formal wear, try TM Lewin, they do a shirt with a long body/sleeves.

ShouldersBackAndNoBiscuits Thu 28-Apr-11 22:37:29

xpost fox!

herbietea Thu 28-Apr-11 22:42:06

Message withdrawn

wednesday13 Thu 28-Apr-11 22:42:25

Levi 501's come in a 36 inside leg. DH has just discovered Helly Hansen workwear trousers come in a Long fit too (depends on the kind of thing you are looking for - these are sort of "contractor" trousers). Never wears formal stuff so can't help there!

It has been suggested to DH that he goes shopping in Amsterdam where there are a lot more tall (Dutch) people and consequently better choice - I'm still awaiting the forthcoming mini break grin

Had forgotten about Land's End and the boden unhemmed trousers, thanks. We also found some Paul Smith stuff at one of those outlet mall places.

mischiefmummy Thu 28-Apr-11 22:46:18

Charles Tyrwitt for formal shirts. They do an extra long arm and a slim fit so ideal for my DP who is 6'4" but very slender.

Zoidberg Fri 29-Apr-11 13:56:07

DP is tall like this and slim, has trouble finding t-shirts long enough and slimfit that are also cool and groovy (e.g. Carharrt or Jakes but they've changed their fit) - any suggestions?

r1975 Sun 21-Oct-12 00:41:00

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ThatVikRinA22 Sun 21-Oct-12 00:47:52

marking place.....dh is 6ft 5 and never ever shops - leaves it to me. i need inspiration.
he wears a 35" or 36" leg and T shirts are never ever long enough.

woopsidaisy Sun 21-Oct-12 04:59:28

Try gant, dh is 6'4" and their stuff always fit. Second charles tyrwitt for work shirts with long arms! Sorry, phone not doing capital letters!

Natnat29 Sun 21-Oct-12 05:06:28

My OH is 6.4 he tends to stick with Paul smith jeans or 501's. He wears a lot Of Hackett too their tops tend to be long, ted baker if they have the bigger sizes in and Ralph Lauren have brought a new range out 'golf t-shirts' (still in block colours) that are longer too smile

LadyWidmerpool Sun 21-Oct-12 05:38:57

For those on a budget my husband has found some nice long jeans in Matalan.

carrie74 Sun 21-Oct-12 12:27:03

My H is 6'4" with broad shoulders, but slim. He's just discovered Boden for trousers, and is DELIGHTED, it's been such a problem for years. Tops are Abercrombie/Hollister/Superdry, and Superdry jumpers.

Suits he has made to measure, and either has a few shirts thrown in, and supplements with Thomas Pink slim fit with longer arms, and has recently been pleased with Charles Tyrrwit with same shape: slim and long arms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now