Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on these glasses please

(31 Posts)
LeonieDeSaintVire Wed 27-Apr-11 09:08:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FaffTastic Wed 27-Apr-11 09:41:27

You're right, I think the silver detail is too much for everyday wear and makes them look a bit tacky. Would be much nicer plain. I don't wear glasses anymore (laser eye surgery- best thing I ever did!!) but they do end up costing a packet once you add in the lenses etc so I wouldn't spend money on something I wasn't sure of that I would have to wear on my face everyday.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Wed 27-Apr-11 09:44:21

I like them, they can be worn everyday. The questions are more do they fit your face? and are they comfortable?

moragbellingham Wed 27-Apr-11 09:53:45

Leonie - how old you are?
I hate to say this but they do look like they could be quite aging.

LeonieDeSaintVire Wed 27-Apr-11 10:01:59

polyhymnia Wed 27-Apr-11 10:11:43

Yes, agree with others - good glasses spoilt by the sides which I think you'd soon get fed up with.

Have been a contacts wearer all my life, but fairly recently started wearing glasses again part of the time to give my eyes a rest and very surprised to find I actually like them. Luckily glasses are really in fashion at the moment and I go to a great optician who has a wide selection of designer styles and gives good advice. So am happy to rotate contacts and glasses - which I never thought I'd be. They are very expensive, though!

polyhymnia Wed 27-Apr-11 10:13:03

PS I too am too short-sighted for surgerey - this also means paying a fortune to get super-thin lenses, but I do think that's money well spent.

RoyalFucker Wed 27-Apr-11 10:14:42

the silver twiddly bits on the side look daft, IMO

LeonieDeSaintVire Wed 27-Apr-11 10:15:18

FaffTastic Wed 27-Apr-11 10:31:05

How shortsighted are you? I was -6 plus have an astigmatism in one eye so thought I was beyond help for laser eye surgery. Got it done about 5 years ago now so am sure things have advanced even further since then. Anyway, I digress, I'm not an eye surgery sales rep, honest! Good luck in the glasses hunt, it can be v traumatic!

LeonieDeSaintVire Wed 27-Apr-11 10:40:28

sparkle1977 Wed 27-Apr-11 10:46:50

I have Prada glasses with the exact same bits on the sides, although the frames are completely different.

I love mine and have had them for about 2 years now.

I always try them on loads of time and try out loads of pairs at loads of different opticians before finally deciding as like you mine are expensive with the lenses being made thinner etc.

As I say I love mine which are similar but if you are unsure I'd say to have a look what else might suit you. If I am unsure generally it means I will go off them.

campocaro Wed 27-Apr-11 11:00:43

I like them. Without side bits they would look rather ordinary. I think they would suit every day and 'dressier' occasions. Might go for the purple version myself!

mumtoted Wed 27-Apr-11 20:54:39

I really like them too. Can you go back and take a photo of yourself in them then we can give a much better opinion grin

dexter73 Wed 27-Apr-11 20:57:01

I think they look nice. If I wore them the sides bits would be mostly covered with my hair!

Idlegirl83 Wed 27-Apr-11 21:34:02

I have these glasses! I love them. I'm 28 and I don't think they look ageing at all, they're a lot prettier and less 'bling' in real life. The photo does not do them justice smile

HollyBollyBooBoo Wed 27-Apr-11 22:26:19

I love them! I really don't need any new glasses but now am tempted....!

Soups Wed 27-Apr-11 22:33:28

I like them, no more bling than many of the glasses I see worn. I have a small face and have problems finding glasses.

LeonieDeSaintVire Wed 27-Apr-11 22:33:48

Soups Wed 27-Apr-11 22:37:20

What's your hair like? I have long hair that covers most of the arms, so they'd be a peak of shiny.

LeonieDeSaintVire Wed 27-Apr-11 22:41:11

polyhymnia Wed 27-Apr-11 23:37:05

leonie - I'm almost as short-sighted as you, plus astigmatism. But from age 17 till recently (a v. long time!) wore my lenses daily rather than glasses so just getting into glasses positively after hating them at school.

Was in my opticians today and had a good play around - saw some lovely Tom Ford ones I'm going back to try soon. Will try and find a link. Also some quite good Chanel ones - not too bling. Did find myself rejecting those with a very strong/ sparkly motif or 'coloured' bit on the sides, but that's just me perhaps. Unfortunately, didn't see 'yours' so can't give a more informed view at the moment.

LeonieDeSaintVire Thu 28-Apr-11 07:13:39

Chocamochalatte Thu 28-Apr-11 07:14:29

Yes! They're gorgeous! I've been looking for new glasses for over a year and not found any that a I like and b are small enough frames for my face, am now thinking of ordering these!! Thanks! smile

polyhymnia Thu 28-Apr-11 10:14:04

Mine's independent - in Fleet St, London. But Tom Ford etc are available generally. In breaks between working will try and find some links . Should have said I have a quite large, oval face so have to choose frames accordingly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now