Talk

Advanced search

Argan oil, help please

(23 Posts)
soverign21 Tue 12-Apr-11 12:36:23

Hi
I have seen mention of argan oil a fair bit along the lines of it being for your hair
Can someone explain it to me please?

Do i just buy the oil and put it on my hair? wet or dry? or am i supposed to buy something with this as an ingredient?

TIA

soverign21 Wed 27-Apr-11 16:49:47

anyone please?

Goodynuff Wed 27-Apr-11 17:31:49

We use live clean products here, and they do a restorative shampoo and conditioner with argan oil. It is called exotic nectar smile
It is amazing! Super shiney and much less breakage. (Plus no parabens)

dexter73 Wed 27-Apr-11 17:37:31

I use argan oil. When I have washed my hair I towel dry it and then rub a few drops of oil in my palms, then smooth them through my hair. It then dries all lovely and curly!

dexter73 Wed 27-Apr-11 17:38:31

I currently have this one.

AprilRose Wed 27-Apr-11 17:39:22

I was on holiday in Morocco 4 or 5 years ago and went to a place where they produce Argan Oil. I can't remember specifics, but I know the little shop for tourist baiting selling their products was full of toiletries (soaps, lotions, etc) and foodstuffs (dips, infused-honey and other things with added Argan oil), both made from the oil, as well as things made from the wood of the trees...

So, based on that vague memory blush I would say you're looking for something with it as an ingredient, rather than the pure oil.

Collegemum38 Wed 27-Apr-11 17:42:50

I use argan oil. 1 or 2 drops into my hands and rub the palms together then run through my wet/damp hair before blow drying. You can use it on dry hair too like a serum but I find I dont need to if I use it before blowdrying - and I have very dry ends.

Its fab stuff. A little goes a long way.

soverign21 Wed 27-Apr-11 18:33:57

Brilliant, thanks ladies, am off to get some smile

soverign21 Wed 27-Apr-11 18:53:05

i sort of want to try before i buy so had a look on ebay and found these which one would you go for THIS or THIS

TIA

dexter73 Wed 27-Apr-11 18:54:43

I use the second one (Amargan) and I really like it.

tulpe Wed 27-Apr-11 18:58:08

I have just started using Kerastase Luxe Elixir which contains argan oil. Lovely product. Expensive but you use such a tiny amount. Use as either a pre-shampoo treatment or after towel drying.

Teaandcakeplease Wed 27-Apr-11 19:34:03

I'd just buy the 30mls on Amazon for £11.87 at the moment. As they're doing a deal. Rather than the 10mls for £4.29. See here: www.amazon.co.uk/Amargan-Hair-Therapy-Oil-30ml/dp/B0035AKBP6/ref=sr_1_2?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1303929120&sr=1-2

Seems awfully steep for only 10mls on that ebay link hmm

TragicallyHip Wed 27-Apr-11 19:44:59

Thanks for this thread, you have reminded me I wanted to buy some!

Just ordered this

I was going to get the Amargan one but I prefer the look of this bottle blush

Hope it's the right stuff!

googoomama Wed 27-Apr-11 21:27:51

I think you can buy pure argan oil - this is the stuff that really works, rather than products that have it as an ingredient. It only comes from Morocco - my mum just went there and brought some back. Guess you should be able to gt it on internet smile

TH's one looks good value

I use pure Argan oil with a decent shampoo. Have given up on conditioner.

I would go for the pure stuff if you can.

soverign21 Wed 27-Apr-11 21:41:52

Sold to Th grin
Have just ordered a bottle for myself, thanks and fingers crossed it works!

TragicallyHip Wed 27-Apr-11 21:43:03

Oh I hope it's alright then! grin

soverign21 Thu 28-Apr-11 23:11:28

Will find out soon! Had an email to say it was despatched today, can't wait!

Might sound silly but how often should i use it? and should i use it in place of my regular conditioner? do i wash it off or leave it on?

sorry for all the questions am a novice smile

follyfoot Thu 28-Apr-11 23:17:47

My hairdresser uses it. A little (but apparently very expensive) bottle of the oil. He left it in my hair - which isnt particularly dry or anything - and it was lovely and shiny.

TragicallyRoyallyHip Fri 29-Apr-11 08:59:57

Should get mine soon too!

Lets come back next week when we've both tried it. Not sure about using it instead of conditioner tho, I guess it would be ok and you leave it on.

I use it every day Sov.

Only a tiny bit.

Not totally transforming on my hair but good.

daimbardiva Fri 29-Apr-11 20:32:24

My hairdresser gave me some Matrix Biolage Delicate Hair Oil to try - the main ingredients seem to be olive oil and argan oil. I've been using it instead of serum and am loving it so far - hair is manageable and glossy and I no longer need to straighten every day. Hurray!

MelBanks Wed 07-Nov-12 11:52:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now