liz earle hot cloth thing

(25 Posts)
withagoat Sat 26-Mar-11 09:28:27

does it do mascara

is anyone lergic to it?
is it good?

do other places sell similar "muslins" cheaper

Flakes Sat 26-Mar-11 11:19:20

Does everything. In one go. Is great . Muslins last forever and can be used to wipe mirrors/ dusting on way to washing machinesmile

GreenLion Sat 26-Mar-11 17:54:11

What Flakes said. I love it, and I have quite sensitive skin. You can just use normal face cloths if you don't want to buy muslins.

gregssausageroll Sat 26-Mar-11 17:57:53

You usually get muslins when you shop for C&P anyway - well you do on QVC

withagoat Sat 26-Mar-11 18:02:45

Deal

piratecat Sat 26-Mar-11 18:06:45

i didn't get on with it.

combination skin, but it dried my skin out.

took off everything including too much skin!!

even water is too harsh for me sometimes. but my mum loves it, and she has sensitive skin.

odd.

she gets hers from qvc too.

karamina Sat 26-Mar-11 18:08:19

I used to use it - in fact must do again, it made my skin look fab. I'm allergic to everything under the sun but it was fine with me.

CailinBainne Sat 26-Mar-11 18:10:04

I bought a pack of white face flannels from IKEA to use with it instead, bargain

Aonach Sat 26-Mar-11 18:11:39

I like it and find it takes most of my waterproof mascara off. I have combination skin. Recently bought Boots no 7 version I think it's called instant radiance hot cloth cleanser and also found it good and much cheaper- double the amount for a few pounds less.

moragbellingham Sat 26-Mar-11 18:41:44

I have a reaction to lots of face things and this worked fine for me.

As for muslin, I've cut up the JL baby ones into quarters (think they are the softest) and got loads.

MissFoodie Sat 26-Mar-11 20:14:38

Superdrug do the 2nd best muslin cloths (after Liz Earle), and they're only about £1 I think;
Liz Earle cleanser is good, but if you're converting to a cream cleanser (which btw you should ALWAYS remove with hot water and muslin), there are loads out there - check out yumetc.blogspot.com there are a few features on cleansers!

LindaLaPlumeDeMaTente Sat 26-Mar-11 20:22:08

I use Teco's liz earle rip off altho I ahve it on good authority its been discontinued

Boots time delay do an Eve Lom rip off which is just as good

I use old white flannels which quickly go grey

saltyseadog Sat 26-Mar-11 20:25:21

I also use Tesco's Liz Earle rip-off, and their muslins which are far superior to Liz's. The Tesco version is about a 1/4 of the price of LE, and does the job just as well.

Fizzylemonade Sat 26-Mar-11 20:38:58

I use Liz Earle stuff, I have incredibly sensitive skin. Every time I wash my hair my face comes out in red blotches angry and that is with nothing actually touching my face.

I took advantage of an offer so have several cloths, and I use them to remove make-up at the end of the day as well as the normal cleansing routine in the morning. It does a very fine job indeed.

Love the smell of Liz Earle so although I have tried loads of other stuff in the past I always go back to Liz Earle.

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Sat 26-Mar-11 20:44:20

It's fab. I have a No7 copy which I find equally as good but it seems more perfumed so might not suit sensitive skin. I think the magic is in the cloth though really so any cream cleanser and a muslin would probably work as well.

MikeRotch Sun 27-Mar-11 12:23:59

ta all

will investigate

saltyseadog Mon 28-Mar-11 20:26:29

Grauniad article on hot cloth cleansers from this w/e:

www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/mar/26/hot-cloth-cleansing-beauty?INTCMP=SRCH

GeneHuntsMistress Mon 28-Mar-11 20:37:48

I have tried them all, including recently the no7 knock off. Liz Earle is the only one that removes everything including waterproof mascara, hence I always return to it. The no7 is very good but can not use on eyes, I like to do all in one go as lazy cow. But if you use a separate emu Remover it would work well. Not so sure abut rod hull tho.

MissFoodie Mon 28-Mar-11 20:56:04

The cleansers (both cream and oil) that I've reviewed all remove mascara, including waterproof and do not sting (and I have super sensitive eyes), I've tested about 12 so far, and counting.....!

Eglu Mon 28-Mar-11 20:58:26

My Mum uses it and loves it.

GeneHuntsMistress Mon 28-Mar-11 21:23:55

Oooh missfoodie, tell me more! Admittedly I have stuck with LE for a long time now and stopped wasting my time trying others as I could never use them on eyes. Tried th no7 the other week as I was waiting for new LE order to arrive - and yet again, could not use on eyes grr!

Can you tell me which ones are ok on eyes? And where are your reviews, would love a read! Ta.

MissFoodie Mon 28-Mar-11 21:27:47

I have tried both cream cleansers and oil based cleansing balms, my criteria is always: must remove mascara and not sting eyes, as well as contain no mineral oils, parabens and silicones
I've featured about 10 so far, but lots more to come ,just need time to test and write! (I have a full time job also)
here it is, enjoy!
yumetc.blogspot.com

GeneHuntsMistress Mon 28-Mar-11 21:33:11

Oooh fab thanks very much! Off now but i will have a read of that tomorrow, your criteria sounds spot on so I shall read with interest, thank you.

MissFoodie Wed 30-Mar-11 12:30:31

Just published 3rd feature on cleansers, there must be one on there you fancy???? ;) yumetc.blogspot.com

GeetTallBird Sat 17-Sep-11 23:59:03

So you slather cream on and wipe off with hot facecloth, is that it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now