Talk

Advanced search

Summer feet - HELP

(28 Posts)
ethelina Mon 14-Mar-11 10:31:32

Ok, S&B is not a place I frequent much so this is rare territory for me. grin but I'm just coming out of the first 6 month dug of maternity leave and I need to pick myself up a lot bit for spring.

I need a foolproof regime to turn my cracked-heel calloused trotters into beautiful smooth-skinned pretty feet. Not sure a simple pedicure will do it though.

Can anyone suggest the right products and advice to turn them around before anything remotely open-toe is on the horizon?

ethelina Mon 14-Mar-11 10:33:38

*fug, not dug

polyhymnia Mon 14-Mar-11 11:25:22

I'd advise going to a chiropodist to get them sorted - the beautifying with a pedicure can come next. Also, when the chiropodist has got your feet lovely and smooth you can start rubbing in a cream (Scholl or Bots are fine) every day to keep them that way.

doggiesayswoof Mon 14-Mar-11 12:50:48

Chiropodist first - or a Scholl shop if you are near one - they are no frills but do the job well.

Then you need flexitol.

Put it on morning and night, your feet will be soft and minus hard skin within a week or so then you put it on regularly to maintain.

I get the odd file and polish done on my toes but not the full pedicure b/c you don't really need one with chiropodist and flexitol regime.

ethelina Mon 14-Mar-11 13:25:05

Chiropodist it is then. Funny, I always had the idea they were only for old ladies who couldn't reach their toes to cut them anymore! Didn't think about using one myself blush

Will google flexitol later.

Thanks

AintMissBeehiving Mon 14-Mar-11 14:44:53

Flexitol
Ped egg
Religiously every night/morning

brookeslay Mon 14-Mar-11 14:59:12

here

Wyke129 Mon 14-Mar-11 16:25:04

Definitely use a cream for hard skin rather than file it off- it just comes back worse. I use Epaderm which you can buy from a chemist. It's really thick and greasy, put it on at night, but anything will do.

doggiesayswoof Mon 14-Mar-11 16:33:09

Flexitol is the best I've ever tried

Has active ingredient (Urea?) unlike epaderm and others which are basically just paraffin and don't do much except create a barrier

maize Mon 14-Mar-11 17:10:10

chiropody+pedi every 8 weeks and maintain in between

Body Shop foot file
Flexitol heel balm
Nice nail polish

kando Mon 14-Mar-11 17:16:06

I've started putting on foot cream after showering then putting my socks on for the day. My feet have become much smoother already but I also need to invest in a pedi-egg thingy. I

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 14-Mar-11 17:55:55

Doublebase gel. Apply twice a day without rubbing it in. I get all my patients using this.

Urea cream works best post shower/bath because it grabs moisture in the skin.

ethelina Mon 14-Mar-11 17:57:20

urea cream, ped-egg

<adds to list>

ethelina Mon 14-Mar-11 17:57:52

Doublebase

<scribbles away>

collision Mon 14-Mar-11 18:05:17

Ooh sorry to hijack but is relevant to thread!

I have a fungal bleurgh thing on my big toe nail. Can I treat it myself and if so HOW?

withagoat Mon 14-Mar-11 18:06:34

ethel

agree a PROPER chiropodist - nto some old crone in her spare room

then that cream every day - twice to start

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 14-Mar-11 18:07:26

See gp re fungal nail no point paying £20 for treatment you can pay £7 prescription charge.

AintMissBeehiving Mon 14-Mar-11 19:24:01

collision - GP for fungal infection (DS1 has had one) - either treated with antibiotics or a nail varnish thingy. Although Vicks (according to GP) works v.well.

IShallWearMidnight Mon 14-Mar-11 19:26:47

can anyone tell me why heels go hard and crack? Mine have been getting worse over the years, and are still not very nice even with flexitol and pedegg-ing. sad

ethelina Mon 14-Mar-11 19:57:34

Mine are terrible, Midnight. I put it down to lots of life-saving boiling hot baths every night when DH was putting Boy to bed over the last 6 months, but they've never been great. Lately though the hard skin has turned into big cracks hence me attempting some major foot intervention over the next few weeks.

I'm actually quite jealous of DH's feet because they are as soft as my baby's feet. No hard callouses at all, just smooth skin. Its so unfair. angry

Must be in the genes.

Brookeslay thanks for the link, that looks like a good kit to start with. smile

collision Mon 14-Mar-11 21:16:45

thank you - gp next week!

MumDuck Thu 16-Jun-11 17:22:09

I had mad-crazy elephant/ crocodile skin on feet and almost spent £80 that I do not have on a Margaret Dabbs pedicure. A few women were discussing the Marks & Spencer Miracle Foot File (£9.50) so I gave it a try-THANK YOU!!. The file is Amazing!!! Amazing!!! Use it in the shower when the skin is softer and say good bye to hard skin. I would recommend moisturising with Vaseline.Yep I said it Vaseline. No need for a £80 pedi or Bliss foot file. £9.50 or £80……hmm

coffeeinbed Thu 16-Jun-11 17:31:26

I think I've tried every single miracle file under the skin, until I bought the cheapest black pummice stone.
And it works best.

valiumredhead Thu 16-Jun-11 17:53:28

You need FLEXITOL from Boots - on offer atm too I noticed today.

valiumredhead Thu 16-Jun-11 17:55:42

www.ciao.co.uk/Newtons_Foot_Therapy_Chiropody_Sponge__6732315

Best pumice imo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now