Talk

Advanced search

Teeth whitening -pearl national

(10 Posts)
Honeymum Mon 14-Mar-11 07:24:41

Anyone had any experience of Pearl National? They are on Groupon today - £75 instead of £299.

Honeymum Mon 14-Mar-11 10:43:03

Bumpity bump. Anyone had any sort of laser whitening (should probably search for this but not to be arsed...)

HotchpotchHoney Mon 14-Mar-11 11:15:21

i used the smle clinic in the oracle in reading, was £199 though so not as cheap as the grouon ticket.

fab results, my teeth although strong and with no fillings were awful due to years of drinking too much cola and other fizzy. but now although not hollywood white (i wanted a more natural white) they look fab in colour.

Honeymum Mon 14-Mar-11 19:39:45

I think I'll give it a go £75 is pretty good. How long would you say it lasts Hotchpotch?

geronimoo Mon 14-Mar-11 20:16:15

didi it hurt? did you get increased sensitivity afterwards?

bacon Tue 15-Mar-11 13:10:10

I think the normal price range for teeth whitening is £120 so the £300 has been inflated.

My friend has it done regulary however, I dont notice and not that impressed. Possibly take off the yellowing but nothing on par with celebs who have veneers.

elliebobs77 Sat 09-Apr-11 09:43:20

Don't do it!!!! I paid £75 through groupon and have not been able to book an appointment as you can never get through, I must have tried about 20 times this week alone.
I also looked up the York address listed on my voucher, which is a hairdressers, who said they don't use pearl national anymore as they are unprofessional, they use someone else and aren't happy their address is still on there...!!! Im waiting to hear back from groupon about a refund but they are also as illusive as pearl national. Rubbish!!!!

BobbiDazzler Sat 09-Apr-11 09:44:10

Laser whitening hurts like hell. The standrad bleaching with top up home kits are best, I think.

SpooooookyGhooooouuuul Wed 26-Oct-11 11:00:48

Yes I have just had my 4th appointment in a row cancelled with no notice after buying a voucher from grouponmyself in august. It takes another 2 weeks for an available appointment which is just cancelled and replaced with another 2 week wait, which is cancelled and the process is repeated until, when i said it's not ok, they just offer to refund the voucher. FUMING WITH PEARL NATIONAL!!

minipie Wed 26-Oct-11 13:22:46

I would recommend Crest whitening strips, they are about £40 off ebay I think (have to be imported from the US as not legal here). I found they really worked, and the strips are pretty easy to use, especially if your teeth are fairly straight. The effect is wearing off a little bit after 2.5 years so I might redo next year, but my teeth are still much much whiter than they were before. Maybe not so good for wonkier teeth.

My tips to avoid sensitivity: use them once a day for a longer period rather than twice a day as per the instructions. Use sensodyne when brushing after using the strips. Don't use the strips straight after brushing but always before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now