OrangeBernard Thu 10-Mar-11 17:13:21

Gimmer? Que?

DuplicitousBitch Thu 10-Mar-11 17:27:19

old person

Maiidamess Thu 10-Mar-11 17:30:00

Yes it is tres mumsy non?

I got an Anthropologie one and want about 90% of it

CrazyHorse Thu 10-Mar-11 17:30:19

"Saltwater is a British clothing design label based in London.

We aim to bring a fresh approach to fashion and our clothes are all about beautiful colour, selected cloth, great design and close attention to detail. We make very special clothes which you’ll love to wear and love to keep." hmm

My mum would love their stuff!

I bet Boden have sold your address to them.

madammecholet Thu 10-Mar-11 17:31:46

Call them and ask how they got it. They cannot send it you again if you 'unsubscribe'.

tulpe Thu 10-Mar-11 17:35:06

Oh no! Don't say that!

Have never perused their catalogue though, to be fair, so the majority of their stuff could be gimmer fodder hmm.

I have a gorgeous striped long sleeve top (airforce blue & slate) which I wear with skinny jeans and a cotton A-line floral print skirt which I am looking forward to wearing in the late spring/summer. Bought them in the post-Christmas sale at the poncetastic "boutique" in our village.

They were truly bargainous and DH would be the first to say (loudly) if I were dressing remotely gimmer like

MaryDancesTheTango Thu 10-Mar-11 17:36:55

Urban dictionary gimmer is someone ancient.

Bog standard dictionary- gimmer is a sheep who has not had a lamb and young.

I got one too and am staring firmly at Johnny. And the prices are insane.

madammecholet Thu 10-Mar-11 17:37:07

If they were cheap, it doesn't count tulpe, just cut the labels out immediately..

tulpe Thu 10-Mar-11 17:38:56

madammecholet - am getting busy with scissors immediately.....

DuplicitousBitch Thu 10-Mar-11 17:48:15

oh yes got the anthropologie one too. it is hilarious with all the cabbages and wot not.

i am sure there are some nice saltwater things but the over all vibe is tasteful gimmer.

tulpe Thu 10-Mar-11 19:40:52

<<breathes huge sigh of sartorial relief>>

Just checked labels..........Tis Sea Salt and not Salt Water

crazynell Thu 10-Mar-11 19:48:00

i'm 59 and I got one in the post and i thought it was too old for me!! So hopefully, i'm not a gimmer

madammecholet Thu 10-Mar-11 19:51:37

Yeah, happy for you tulpegrin

PlumSykes Thu 10-Mar-11 20:36:23

I got one too. Shuddered at abundance of t-shirt-under-dress, giant toddler style.

AintMissBeehiving Thu 10-Mar-11 20:54:55

Haaa haa haa. Anything with "smocking" in it has to be a fashion no no.

PuraVida Thu 10-Mar-11 21:16:15

That's nothing. Someone somewhere has got totally the wrong idea about me and keeps sending this catalogue of monstrosities. I am under 30 and have never been to Scotland Nor shooting

AintMissBeehiving Thu 10-Mar-11 21:18:51

I'm in love. The pheasants would piss themselves.

LessNarkyPuffin Thu 10-Mar-11 21:21:56

The model looks like she's struggling to keep a straight face!

AintMissBeehiving Thu 10-Mar-11 21:27:50

grin The hats tops it off.

exexpat Thu 10-Mar-11 21:48:49

Can anyone tell me why Johnnie keeps sending me Boden catalogues, even though I have never, ever bought anything from Boden? Is there some secret system whereby he knows that I spend too much time on MN?

LessNarkyPuffin Thu 10-Mar-11 21:55:36

Yes. He can see you. And your dress isn't made from a lovely slubby cotton. Oh no.

<<shakes head more in sorrow than in anger>>

<<sends out another catalogue>>

MirandaGoshawk Thu 10-Mar-11 22:02:08

I got sent teh Saltwater catalogue last year & it didn't occur to me that it was old gimmer gear, just nice cotton. I ordered a little jacket. blush It looked like a pale grey in the catalogue, perfect for work, but when it turned up it was a revolting dark shade that washed me out. And it was £80 I got a better one in M&S for half that.

roary Thu 10-Mar-11 22:11:00

I got one. Does anyone remember clothkits? Something vaguely clothkits about it.

I also get House of Bruar and various old lady catalogues.

exexpat Thu 10-Mar-11 22:11:18

shock
<hides under blanket so Johnnie can't see grungy ripped jeans>
<decides to brazen it out and twirl round living room singing 'I don't wear Boden' into hidden cameras/microphones in an attempt to ward off further catalogues>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now