Talk

Advanced search

Alexander McQueen skull scarf

(15 Posts)
umiaisha Fri 04-Mar-11 09:06:22

I really, really want one of these but cannot justify the normal retail price (£170 +).

Anyone know of any cheaper alternatives or cheaper deals on the genuine article? Am reluctant to buy from ebay..

Many thanks.

HalfTermHero Fri 04-Mar-11 11:41:29

I love the skull scarf too but have been put off by so many people wearing fake copies. It kind of spoils it, iykwim. Plus, it is a really fine scarf so would be very easy to snag I should think.

bamboostalks Fri 04-Mar-11 11:42:40

These have had their day, I think. Look for something more fashion forward...as they say!

fairydust Fri 04-Mar-11 16:08:48

I've got one from ebay it came all the way from hongkong cost something like £3 was here in 10 days very impressed with quality and customer service from them

oggybags Sat 05-Mar-11 12:22:34

fairy dust im really sorry but thats not real...

fairydust Sun 06-Mar-11 20:44:28

I never expected it to be real at last price i just like the design of them it was'nt till i came on here that i realised that a designer and bought them out and they'd been hyped up, still very happy with my purchase.

AliciaMt Sat 10-Sep-11 17:53:14

£170 for a scarf? wish I was one of the hollywood star

AnnabellaFagina Sat 10-Sep-11 20:41:04

So over. Lily and Lionel ones are a lot more original.

Havingkittens Sun 11-Sep-11 00:04:42

They've just brought out a leopard print skull pashmina which I was coveting on the Liberty website but it's £425 shock. If anyone can find a fake one of those for £3 or thereabouts I'd be very pleased to hear about it!

Thepoweroforangeknickers Sun 11-Sep-11 06:11:04

I don't understand why someone would want to wear something with skulls on it. Yuk.

Havingkittens Sun 11-Sep-11 09:18:01

Vive la difference! I expect you probably wear things I wouldn't too wink

noddyholder Sun 11-Sep-11 09:22:39

I have the Zara version in green. From a distance it looks like camouflage pattern but up close you can see the skulls . I love it and wore it masses the last two winters bu not sure they still do it. It is lovely material though and no different in quality than the real thing. The black and White version has been in all the shops for a couple of years now get to prim ark! I think the expensive one is a waste of money and I hate to say it but they are a bit dated.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 11-Sep-11 09:27:17

I've got one - cream with blue skulls on and is very fine cashmere. I still wear it as the colours are good on me and its lovely material. But wouldn't buy one now.

But quality wise it is lovely far far superior to lily and lionel which I think are dreadful - I had one and it looked like a rag very quickly and I treat my clothes very carefully.

noddyholder Sun 11-Sep-11 10:10:28

AGRee lily and lionel not great

grumpypants Sun 11-Sep-11 10:13:14

BUT, if you don't have any of his stuff is it not a teeny bit like going and buying an Amy Winehouse album - you know, kind of a tribute thing? Rather than really liking it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now