Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Sensbeauty, London Hilton: Sham or me insane?

(9 Posts)
whittingtonmum Sun 27-Feb-11 11:08:47

Ladies - I need your help ! I am not sure if I am insane or victim of a sham as I seem to be unable to place a booking at Sensbeauty at the London Hilton. Website www.sensbeauty.co.uk/home.html

Background: I have the loveliest neighbour in the world so as a Christams present I bought her a voucher for a an "Indulgent Body Bliss Ritual" at above Sensbeauty. I bought it on Last Minute. I also offered to look after her ds for the time when she enjoys her massage.smile

SO: I have got the voucher and I am unable to book it. If I go to the website I don't seem to be able to select ANY time slots (let alone the ones I want on the day I want). Neither does my neighbour. I e-mailed them twice on contact@sensbeauty.co.uk - no reply. The phone line they give you is an automated one ! Aaarrgh angryam I actually insane or have Sensbeauty and Last Minute ripped me off?!!!?confusedangryshock

I wanted to go down there in person yesterday but now my ds has caught a nasty gastroenteritis so can't take him anywhere at the moment....(he's sleeping now the poor litle thing...)sad

It's obviously really embarrassingblush blush blush as all I wanted was to give my neighbour a nice present and now this....Can you help?

a) does anyone know how to book this bloody thing on the website? www.sensbeauty.co.uk/home.html
b) Has anyone had a similar problem and how did you manage to resolve it?
c) any general advice you can give me?

Thank you so much. Much appreciated

whoneedssleepanyway Sun 27-Feb-11 11:19:02

I just had a look on the website and they appear to be fully booked till the end of April for any treatment (tried a couple of things)....

I don't think you have been ripped off as they refer to last minute vouchers on one of the pages and how you need the voucher and not just the print out from last minute to claim the treatment.

I think the best thing is to go down there in person to make a booking....or can you try phoning the hotel itself or is this a separately managed part of the hotel, it is pretty rubbish customer service so i would have thought the hotel would want to know.

brimfull Sun 27-Feb-11 11:20:42

Well I have just tried to book an appt for the bliss thing to see if it would work for me and the 3 days I picked (all far apart) are not available (grey) .
Have you tried for other treatments to see if they are available.
Have you called them during the week?

You could try and ring the actual Hotel and see if they know if the place is still actually open.

whittingtonmum Sun 27-Feb-11 14:28:56

Hi all

Thanks so much for trying the website and your advice. I now know that I am not insane.grin I am really glad you could not book either because I have been trying numerous times for the last month or so (and so has my neighbour) and I could not find a single available slot to book. Do you think they have just completely oversold on vouchers and now there will be people like me who can't book a slot...ever....confusedVoucher is valid for 12 months I think...

Yes I thought I'd go down in person but it's a bit of a trek and as I said DS is ill now (and apprently infectious) so will have to wait at least a week and then fit it in around work and all the other committments. I agree absolute rubbish customer service !

I thought about ringing the Hilton but it says pretty clearly on my voucher that Sensbeauty has nothing to with the Hotel and you should not contact the Hilton with any questions regarding Sensbeauty. The only phone number provided by Sensbeauty is an automated one and it tells you you have to book through the website....angry angry
I might just try the Hilton anyway out of sheer desperation....

Is anyone out there who has actually manged to book something on their website (or knows of someone who has?!!???) And if yes how did they do it?

For now I can only warn all mumsnetter: BEWARE OF SENSBEAUTY at the London Hilton !

Will let you know how I get on with this ridiculous saga....any uplifting thoughts and comments or further ideas much appreciated.

Thanks so much for confirming that I am sane grin

brimfull Sun 27-Feb-11 15:16:47

hmm I would certainly call the hotel , think they will want to know if they are affiliated with a scam.

Ambitious Wed 08-Jun-11 11:14:39

sensbeauty is atotal scam...no phone..website rubbish..cannot get through..will complain to Lastminute.com for refund!!

ARGGGGGGHHHH!!!

omydarlin Wed 08-Jun-11 16:23:25

I used to work for a Health Club & Spa within a Hotel - call the Hilton- seriously - I can guarantee you they would want to know. Just be calm and polite - explain the situation say you did not want to contact them but are left with no choice. Hilton are hot on customer service and protecting their brand and will get involved.

Let us know how you get on!

omydarlin Wed 08-Jun-11 16:26:01

Sorry seem to be commenting on an old thread!! Website is suspended if of interest to anyone anyhow!

BelaLugosiinStripes Wed 08-Jun-11 22:24:38

Interesting reviews looks like OP was right to be concerned.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: