Talk

Advanced search

Hel with foundation please

(7 Posts)
gregssausageroll Sun 16-Jan-11 16:43:39

I bought Estee Lauder's double wear foundation (the light one) during last week. Really love the coverage and thought it looked great on application.

Have worn it today and was looking in the mirror in the car and my face looked pink and from what I could see the colour was different noticably from my neck.

Obviously, the colour can't be right although it looks ok in doors - it just looked awful outside.

Do I go back and ask for the lighter colour?

gregssausageroll Sun 16-Jan-11 16:50:14

Should add that when I looked in car mirror I only walked from house to car so not sweaty or hot.

FaffTastic Sun 16-Jan-11 16:52:50

Go back and have a word with them and they might let you exchange - sounds as if you may need to go a shade lighter.

Looking in the rear view mirror in natural daylight is always a scary experience though (well, for me anyway)

Butterbur Sun 16-Jan-11 16:54:02

Most inside lights have more yellow and less blue than natural light, so makeup can look quite different, and you should always check the tester patch in daylight too.

Did the sales assistant advise you on the colour? If not, I don't think you have a hope in hell of getting an exchange.

gregssausageroll Sun 16-Jan-11 16:55:20

Yes, sales girl did it all.

Gillybobs Sun 16-Jan-11 19:13:47

Estee Lauder will def exchange, its part of their policy. Double Wear light is great but has limited shades, I had the same problem. She sold me a 3 and I had to take it back and swap for a 2

gregssausageroll Sun 16-Jan-11 20:03:57

Thanks Gilly. She gave me a 2 so going to try a 1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now