Talk

Advanced search

stockings for wide thighs

(12 Posts)
stewmaker Sat 15-Jan-11 22:02:59

ok, so i know they will never look great grin but i would really like to find some stockings to fit my wide thighs!!

I am a dress size 20 with short dumpy legs but bags of confidence, and have tried loads. They seem to make them longer but not wider.

Can anyone help??

I would also prefer natural colour rather than black if possible.

Thank you

groak Sat 15-Jan-11 22:05:41

i got some from pandoras secret site, they were seemed stockings, in lge, i'm an 18 / 20, 5'3" and they fitter fine?

mind you, are you walking round in them all day in them or prancing round for a short while in your show pony outfit?? grin (you dirty filly grin grin )

stewmaker Sat 15-Jan-11 22:12:57

grin tis a secret! (off to look at pandoras)

CMOTdibbler Sat 15-Jan-11 22:15:02

www.stockingshq.com do loads of sized stockings, which is what you want

groak Sat 15-Jan-11 22:17:01

yeah yeah, the grin say sit all grin

(the 6 or 8 metal clasp suspenders are v good for holding up stockings, ahem)

stewmaker Sat 15-Jan-11 22:23:18

just ordered some from pandoras. this is the first time i have seen 'to fit dress sizes 16-24' hopefully that means they stretch widthwise.
the stockinghq go up sizes by making them longer which is no good for me sad unless i missed something.....

stewmaker Sat 15-Jan-11 22:29:29

got the thumbs up from dh for the 6 metal clasp belt wink

thanq!

groak Sat 15-Jan-11 23:01:28

tbh, you could have your mucky washing hanging frm them.. i think once the dh's see the clasps their brain hits meltdown and don't care what's hanging off the end of them grin

groak Sat 15-Jan-11 23:02:36

and i've def got the lge or x lg and they fit fine...

have fun mr 7 mrs stewmaker!

CMOTdibbler Sun 16-Jan-11 19:54:50

Their larger sizes page is here

The 6 clasp belt is amazingly good - so comfy, and acts as a bit of tummy control too

andrewwallace Wed 18-May-16 21:13:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

cherrybomme Wed 18-May-16 22:05:11

Great to see another zombie stockings thread reignited tonight. Andrewwallace is having fun. I don't think I'd better comment on anymore otherwise people might start to think I'm like him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now