Talk

Advanced search

Why are coats so horrible?

(10 Posts)
ilovemyhens Wed 12-Jan-11 10:42:21

All the coats that I wear look horrible sad

I have a big bust so they make me look fat, even though I'm not.

Why are coats so awful and make you look so shapless and horrible?

I like wearing outdoor/walking coats rather than fashion stuff.

rubyrubyruby Wed 12-Jan-11 10:43:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilovemyhens Wed 12-Jan-11 10:45:55

I know confused

I went into the outdoor/walking shop and they had some nice ones, but they only went up to a size 16 and my bust means I'm a size 18 sad. I'm a 14 on the bottom half, so I just look silly. I need a boob job I think grin

rubyrubyruby Wed 12-Jan-11 10:46:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilovemyhens Wed 12-Jan-11 11:04:14

Yes, something that draws you in at the waist area. I'll have to get myself out shopping.

If anybody has any links then that would be nice smile

ullainga Wed 12-Jan-11 11:19:12

you need a deep v-neck and fitted waist, no buttons over your chest. and sorry, no double-breasted coats and don't even try to wear funnel-necks or duffles, will make you look like a box.
alternatively, have you checked Bravissimo? True, they don't have too much of a choice, but at least you can fit the top part in without buying a coat 2 sizes too big everywhere else.

ilovemyhens Wed 12-Jan-11 11:44:00

Bravissimo? Is that a size reducing bra? That sounds like a good idea. I've lost 6lbs with healthy eating, but my boobs never seem to get any smaller confused

ilovemyhens Wed 12-Jan-11 11:46:53

Oh, I see, I've just looked at their website and it's got all kinds of clothes. Sorry blush was just thinking they sold underwear.

ullainga Wed 12-Jan-11 11:53:10

no they have clothes as well, as you saw, and a few coats too. I absolutely love their shirts, first time in my adult life I can actually have a shirt that actually buttons and still fits both my waist and shoulders. Haven't tried the coats myself though, so don't know if they're any nice.

ilovemyhens Wed 12-Jan-11 11:58:48

I'll have a good look tomorrow cos I'm at work later on. It would be nice to have stuff that fits over my chest properly. I buy bigger sizes, but then the sleeves are too long etc. I hate being in a larger size because the rest of my body looks medium sized confused This might be the reason why none of my tops/jackets look right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now