Talk

Advanced search

DH's work do next week, I'll be 27wks, have a dress, need help with the rest

(3 Posts)
JustKeepSwimming Tue 11-Jan-11 17:45:34

Dh's work do - sort of a delayed Christmas thing - a drinks reception is next week.
I'll be 27weeks pg & rather large already in the bump department blush

Anyway, ordered a variety of dresses online, have decided to send 2 back but the one I'm keeping is this one

It feels lovely on and I think it looks good

But what to wear with it?
I have navy heels + skin-coloured tights?
Or black heels + black tights? Warmer I guess.

And only have my usual mat black coat to wear over the top but i can take that off once there, what about another layer though if it's cold?

I have a few hours before in London (child-free, yey!) so can shop if needed. And not too fussed about budget really as I've not been to this work do before & prob won't for years again due to babies & BF, so want to make a good impression!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 12-Jan-11 12:40:56

I would go for black heels and tights - navy is a bit work-ish somehow?

With the layers - have you got a vest/cami thing that you could wear underneath? With the slightly puffy sleeves, and the sleeves being 3/4 length and the belt it is going to be v.hard to find a cardi or shrug that sits nicely over the top I would think.

I would spend your budget on a lovely chunky piece of silver or silver/blue jewellery to wear with it - and then you can wear that again! grin

JustKeepSwimming Wed 12-Jan-11 15:36:23

Good ideas on both vest & jewellery, thanks!

Am planning a trip to South Ken where the Seraphine shop is, also a big Gap, H&M & M&S so plenty of shopping opportunities grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now