Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Do we really need an eye cream?

(4 Posts)
miche8 Tue 11-Jan-11 09:45:15

I've tried a few but didn't think they were anything special sometimes i just use my facial serum and moisturiser.

So far i've tried

the 2 liz earl ones
3 from boots no7
clinique all about eyes
avon, the one with a cream for under the eye and gel for the top, think its that way round.

I'm 32 hardly any lines, as long as i use moisturiser the skin feels nice. Some powdery foundation/make up does make my eyes look crepey. The only problem i do have is dark circles but i dont think an eye cream will sort that.

CeliaFate Tue 11-Jan-11 11:00:21

I've got the roll on one from Garnier, I think that's good. You can feel the skin tightening.

notinmypocket Tue 11-Jan-11 11:32:26

No, I don't think you need one.
I'm 39 now and have never used any special creams or serums.
I don't believe that any of them make a real difference.
Might be down to genes/pot luck but I'm doing ok wrinkle wise despite my grand old age and using only bog standard face creams.

Havingkittens Tue 11-Jan-11 12:28:58

The main reason for using a separate eye cream is that the molecules in most facial moisturisers, especially the heavier ones, are larger than they are in eye cream and can clog the thin skin around the eyes causing milia (those hard white lumps).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: