Talk

Advanced search

I now have the Sally Hansen Diamond Shine bas/top coat

(12 Posts)
TrillianAstra Mon 10-Jan-11 21:21:53

Does this mean my nail varnish will last forever?

I've cut my nails to be very short too, which should help.

TrillianAstra Tue 11-Jan-11 08:33:12

Well, does it?

loujay Tue 11-Jan-11 08:39:29

Yes/No/Possibly??!!

TrillianAstra Tue 11-Jan-11 09:23:44

Thanks for trying

aquavit Tue 11-Jan-11 11:27:28

If it does, will you report back please? Cos I've never found a top coat to be much cop at making my polish last longer (keeps it shinier, sure), but I've not tried this one...

TrillianAstra Tue 11-Jan-11 11:30:31

It was recommended a couple of weeks ago - I think keeping my nails short so they don't catch on things so much might be the key.

fishie Tue 11-Jan-11 11:31:39

seche vite makes it last. i can get almost a week out of it if i apply it all carefully.

aquavit Tue 11-Jan-11 11:38:16

Funnily enough I'm no longer convinced that having my nails short makes much difference - I usually have them very short anyway, but have painted them when they were longer a couple of times recently and the chipping doesn't seem to start any sooner. But I think that this is because these days, they chip largely because of very frequent washing-up (blasted baby stuff) so perhaps I should go back to being a slattern.

Does seche vite also make them dry quicker? Cos that would be REALLY useful.

Iatemyskinnyperson Tue 11-Jan-11 12:44:05

Seche vite is the bizz. Makes them dry in about a minute... I can paint my nails in bed and then go straight to sleep.

It contains some hair-raising ingredients though...Although its so brilliant I am refusing to find out about that.

I got it in boots here in Ireland, it was about €14, its probably £5 in the UK envy

TracyK Tue 11-Jan-11 14:08:52

£6.50 off amazon. I'm going to ge some cos I keep putting off doing my nails. Even though I cannot stop myself buying nail polish!

TrillianAstra Thu 13-Jan-11 09:12:34

Small chip on little finger - everything else still going strong and it's now Thursday. Not bad going.

FaffTastic Thu 13-Jan-11 19:23:51

Keeping nails short is def the key. I cut mine on Sunday and I only have one small chip today. Normally I only get 1/2 days out of nail varnish before it majorly chips.

Feeling very proud of my chip-free nails this week grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now