Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What do you think of this tailored jacket ?

(15 Posts)
MarketingMania Mon 10-Jan-11 16:33:36

I am nearly 40
short - 5ft
mum of a few childen
in and out of the car

need a smartish everydat jacket that can be enough but not too much but okay to wear at weekend s and everyday to work

do you thin this is too young for me? or make me look frumpy because its cropped?

http://www.asos.com/Annalynne-Mccord/Asos/Asos-Tai lored-Heritage-Check-Jacket/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?i id=1247390&SearchQuery=tailored%20jacket&sh=0&pge= 0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=GreenCheck

otherwise can someone suggesat the type of style tht i should look for in a jacket for everyday - i dont want black , love the velevet jackets but cant finsd any - must be out of fashion blush but my student brown velvet with pink flouresnet lining was my best jacket ever

thanks and what do you think?

I was

MarketingMania Mon 10-Jan-11 16:35:34

sorry try the following link

www.asos.com/Annalynne-Mccord/Asos/Asos-Tailored-H eritage-Check-Jacket/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1247 390&SearchQuery=tailored%20jacket&sh=0&pge=0&pgesi ze=20&sort=-1&clr=GreenCheck

am dithering over the elbow pads too ?
what do you think?

MarketingMania Mon 10-Jan-11 16:36:56

sorry link again

jacket here

gleechie Mon 10-Jan-11 16:45:22

I love it, I see many mums on the school run wearning similar ranging in age from mid twenties to early fifties. I think it's a lovely jacket, smart, will look great at work and school run etc. Good price too! grin

madammecholet Mon 10-Jan-11 16:52:04

Love it, but too short for me...

MarketingMania Mon 10-Jan-11 17:05:51

thanks you - what do you think about the elbows though?

Gillybobs Mon 10-Jan-11 18:13:14

Lovely jacket, but I dont imagine it would suit anyone over a B-cup in the boob dept. Def wouldnt sit right over a fuller bust (trust me, Im a DD and nothing like this ever suits me : ( )

FaffTastic Mon 10-Jan-11 19:43:59

What size are you if you don't mind me asking? As its short, if you ahve big boobs or hips it might look a bit unflattering.

Not sure about the elbow pads but they are very trendy at the mo. I think I like them

hobbgoblin Mon 10-Jan-11 19:48:04

What are you wearing with?

Would be frumpy with skirt unless straight I think. Good with jeans/etc.

Elbw bads funk it up = good.

madammecholet Mon 10-Jan-11 21:02:24

Love the elbows..

Hazeleyedbaby Mon 10-Jan-11 21:14:32

Love it - wish I was slim enough to wear it!

MarketingMania Mon 10-Jan-11 21:42:41

Hello

am a size 10 and a d cup, thinking that it might be too young for me

anyone want to help find me another jacket ??

Gillybobs Mon 10-Jan-11 21:52:08

I love this

MarketingMania Mon 10-Jan-11 21:58:14

Gillybobs nice jacket but not for me not keen on the belted middle

SickOnMyShoulder Tue 11-Jan-11 10:02:08

How about a waistcoat or a tanktop instead of a jacket? They will show off your waist more and very flattering on smaller frames.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: