Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Hush Sale - would you buy this

(20 Posts)
OhCobblers Mon 10-Jan-11 14:17:39

charcoal cape

its going to be 1/2 price in the sale starting tonight (00.01)for those interested.

wondering if its worth staying up in an attempt to get it?

dottyaboutstripes Mon 10-Jan-11 14:22:12

Yes, I'd buy it. I was looking at that the other day and wondering what the reduction would be

WhereTheWildThingsWere Mon 10-Jan-11 15:59:25

Just a word of warning, Hush quality can be decidedly iffy.

I have never had any knitwear from them that has worn well and their customer service isn't always great either.

madammecholet Mon 10-Jan-11 16:48:54

How do you know its going to be half price ohcobblers?

madammecholet Mon 10-Jan-11 16:49:20

Oh, I love it btw...

KurriKurri Mon 10-Jan-11 16:51:40

I think it's really nice. smile

TheLemur Mon 10-Jan-11 17:03:26

Would it cover ones arse?

DirtyMartini Mon 10-Jan-11 17:38:58

Agree with WildThings 100%.

You are safe with their pj bottoms IME, but not a whole lot else. Knits tend to be awkward to care for and wear poorly even with careful following of instructions.

biryani Mon 10-Jan-11 17:58:26

I think it's really nice, but how much wear would you get? you can't wear a coat over it, and on its own it propbably isn't all that warm. probably ok for a woman who spends a lot of time in the car!!

brimfull Mon 10-Jan-11 18:03:35

that's gorgeous but I would second the poster saying quality is iffy.
I sent back a cardigown cos it was such crap quality for the price.

OhCobblers Mon 10-Jan-11 18:22:46

i've got quite a lot of Hush stuff as i managed to pick up most of it at their warehouse clearance last year. £10-£15 for a cardigown (the old style), lounge trousers, £10 Henley tops, etc, so at that price wasn't too worried about the knitwear lasting forever.

however, you're quite right about the cardigown as the one i've worn religiously for the last year is utterly knackered but i've only used it as a dressing gown so not a major problem and i have another to wear (a £10 one!).

would wear the cape heading into the spring i think, and for the poster that asked i've had their Sales leaflet through the door today detailing the sale price for selected items - the cape being one of them. really can't afford it but do love the look of it [embarrassed]

madammecholet Tue 11-Jan-11 08:42:42

where was the warehouse sale ohcobblers??

peasandlove Tue 11-Jan-11 09:45:46

I'd also agree with the quality of their stuff. I havent had knitwear, but summer dresses etc bought in the sale and they were ill-fitting and covered in threads etc, like they'd just been knocked up quickly. Not the greatest quality if you're paying full price

OhCobblers Tue 11-Jan-11 10:06:44

MC it was at their warehouse in Battersea, London. February last year. if you call them after the sale they might let you know if they're having another this year. there were some amazing bargains to be had.

as usual their website can't deal with the Sale and was a nightmare last night - constantly crashing. eventually bought the cape this morning. at half price i think it was worth it (haven't seen it yet though!).

TattyDevine Tue 11-Jan-11 10:25:57

I'm sick to death of their website crashing during the sale. Every year they seem to launch a new improved website and every year the bloody thing crashes as you are trying to add things to your basket or check out. I just gave up on a basket of about £100 of stuff because it crashed yet again.

I think I'm falling out of love with hush. Its true about their knitwear, it doesn't last much more than one season unless you are willing to get your bobble-off out the cupboard and devote a day or more to giving it a haircut.

I love the idea of it, I love the muted colours and matching colourways I really do but they just fail to deliver on quality and website reliability.

OhCobblers Tue 11-Jan-11 10:33:32

Tatty has been better in the last hour, give it another go - might be worth it smile

MoreSenseThanMoney Tue 11-Jan-11 10:57:22

Like Tatty, I gave up a basket full of stuff last night after trying for about 40 minutes to check out - I just don't understand why this happens during every sale.

A lot of the stuff I had in my basket last night is now sold out and I still haven't been able to check out. It's so frustrating and I agree that Hush really need to work on website reliability. Grrr.

TattyDevine Tue 11-Jan-11 12:15:03

Okay I've done it now, but I just added the one thing I definitely wanted and didn't dare browse and add more in case it crashed again before I'd managed to check out. So I'll just stick with the one item. They are losing money on the website thing alone surely!

I do love them, they are so nearly there...

MabelStark Tue 11-Jan-11 14:34:28

Thanks for the heads up on this ladies - went onto the site at 4am this morning when I got home from work(site worked and behaved beautifully!) Ordered winter floral pj's, a nightshirt and slippers. NY resolution to throw all tatty nightwear in the bin!!

MabelStark Fri 14-Jan-11 09:31:47

OOOO my Hush package arrived today... Lovely, gorgeous products - gorgeous packaging. Feels like a real treat!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: