Talk

Advanced search

Question re. Estee Lauder Double Wear Eye-liner

(5 Posts)
nopinkplasticshite Sun 09-Jan-11 23:52:23

Sorry if this has already been covered - but how the hell do you sharpen this pencil??

Is there a special pencil sharpener you have to buy from Estee Lauder? When I try to sharpen mine (bought on the strength of a thread on here), it just crumbles and breaks the tip. Don't tell me I need to whittle it with a pen knife???!

OsbegaEthewulf Mon 10-Jan-11 13:30:03

watching this with interest; bought mine t'other week and I have exactly the same problem

vinhotinto Mon 10-Jan-11 13:34:38

I put mine in the fridge for a day first, helped a bit

Havingkittens Mon 10-Jan-11 13:38:16

How are they to apply? Do they drag? If that's the case they may be dry. I've not tried the Double Wear ones but with the MAC Powerpoint liners they can dry out if you leave the lids off which makes them dry and brittle. If you think this is the case you can probably take your pencil back to the shop. If it's old stock or has been kept in a cupboard under hot lights it may have become dry.

Alternatively, how old is your sharpener? If it's an old shapener it may not be sharp enough anymore to sharpen harder pencils.

nopinkplasticshite Mon 10-Jan-11 14:04:45

No the problem is that the 'lead' is so soft that it crumbles in big chunks, not too dry. I will try the fridge and a new sharpener. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now