Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Advice needed - what to wear for PGCE Primary interview?

(4 Posts)
missgpettigrew Fri 07-Jan-11 20:07:27

I have an interview later this month and wondered if any teachers can advise about dress? I gather one should look professional, but wondered how formal? I was thinking about a black jacket with a grey or red skirt and black boots. The boots are classic knee-length black boots. I have a decent black trouser suit as well...or should I perhaps be thinking about a skirt suit in one colour? All advice/suggestions welcome!

inkyfingers Fri 07-Jan-11 20:32:41

All of that sounds fine. Jacket and boots/smart shoes are important. Doesn't matter whether skirts or trousers (my interview outfit is grey trouser suit). The rest of you should look professional and not 'look at me' (same as for most jobs). Classic shirt. Hair under control (!) and make up, jewellery and accessories whatever you feel happy in, but not OTT. If in doubt, go for less is more.

You'll have seen what most primary teachers wear on the job(smartish, but mainly practical I think), but all teachers I've seen smarten up with a suit for an interview.

(All the teachers at my kids' school wear really sensible shoes!!)

Good luck!

flippinggorgeous Fri 07-Jan-11 20:50:48

This sounds silly, but make sure no-one can see your bra when you lean over or your knickers if you bend or kneel. A few applicants have come unstuck this way being interviewed for our local SCITT PGCE course, particularly during the practical element of the interview.

You have done really well being selected for interview, PGCEs are very competitive. Best of luck.

LindyHemming Fri 07-Jan-11 20:57:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: