Talk

Advanced search

Shoe colour change disaster.

(9 Posts)
HowsTheSerenity Thu 06-Jan-11 10:39:21

My Dad very kindly polished my boots for me. Unfortunately he did not think that there was a difference when it came to shoe polish colours. My lovely light tan boots are now a dark dark brown. Does anyone know how I can fix this or do I have to take it to a cobbler and fork out a fortune to have them fixed?

CybilScissorhands Thu 06-Jan-11 13:25:22

I reckon they are buggered

dexter73 Thu 06-Jan-11 13:50:57

Could you try wiping them with a baby wipe? They seem to get all manner of stuff off!

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 06-Jan-11 14:06:23

my friend got some wipes from Wickes that got biro out of a leather sofa...not sure if I would want to try them on a pair of boots though but if it is that or nothing then might be worth a go...

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 06-Jan-11 14:06:46

otherwise could you get them professionally dyed dark brown so they look good?

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 06-Jan-11 14:06:54

otherwise could you get them professionally dyed dark brown so they look good?

Monadami Thu 06-Jan-11 18:38:39

You can get a professional product which might remove the old polish. Fiebings make Dyes, Preps and Leather Nourishers.

I dyed a pair of brown boots black with their products and they turned out well. If you go to the following website and contact them, asking advice, they may be able to recommend a product. I found them very helpful.

See here

Marlinspike Thu 06-Jan-11 18:43:14

Aah Dads - bless 'em! grin

HowsTheSerenity Thu 06-Jan-11 22:43:27

Thanks for the tips. I have dark brown boots already so no point dying them. He did do a good job on the polish though grin. They were sooooo nice. A lovely tan. Oh well. Shit happens. Will try baby wipes but there is a lot of polish on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now