Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know where i can get the Warehouse Tartan Dress?

(12 Posts)
Summerbird73 Wed 05-Jan-11 21:33:11

as it seems to be sold out everywhere! i tried it on in a size 16 ages ago and it looked lovely so i thought i would wait for the sales - big mistake as i cant find it anywhere! it is on the House of Fraser website as being reduced from £70 to £45, someone is trying to sell it on ebay for £100 as it is so popular - i aint that daft mate!

any guidance would be appreciated o wise women of MN!

Summerbird73 Wed 05-Jan-11 21:33:46

i meant to say the HoF website says it is sold out too

SharonGless Wed 05-Jan-11 21:35:49

John Lewis and Debenhams both have Warehouse franchises? Might be worth a try?

Summerbird73 Thu 06-Jan-11 09:39:11

thanks Sharon - great name BTW! grin

coolkat Thu 06-Jan-11 10:20:04

ASOS do Warehouse.

Havingkittens Thu 06-Jan-11 14:02:05

I don't fancy your chances much I'm afraid. It was in their late Summer collection. I know this because I did the make up for the picture of it on the Warehouse website back in the middle of June. I really wanted the dress but was a bit skint at the time and decided to wait until the sales to get one myself and just managed to get the last one in my size by the skin of my teeth, which was slightly damaged but I bought it anyway as it was the last one and the damage was easily fixed, but this was back in October so the chances of more than the odd one in a less popular size being in this sale is fairly slim, sadly.

The best chance I'd say you'd have is phoning Warehouse and asking them to check on their computer if any other branches have it in stock, although this can be pretty hit and miss in the sales. Or you could try branches in smaller towns/villages. Designer influenced (in this case, Vivienne Westwood) sell out fast in very busy cities but may not do so in less populated areas.

Summerbird73 Thu 06-Jan-11 15:20:07

Wow thanks for that info Kittens. I was the same in that i was skint and couldnt afford £70 for a dress. I will phone Warehouse and see if i can get it.

Many thanks again! And to everyone else

Trifle66 Thu 06-Jan-11 20:20:22

I Feel you pain - did the same cant find it anywhere

Summerbird73 Fri 07-Jan-11 08:36:38

trifle sad

glovesoflove Fri 07-Jan-11 19:13:00

Jesus! I've got one, worn it once to a wedding. Should I be selling it?

It is in the size OP wanted but I don't want to break site rules. I will pay the joining fee and list it on the sales part if you guys think it's worth it?

glovesoflove Fri 07-Jan-11 19:34:26

Summerbird73 Fri 07-Jan-11 21:58:20

i will PM you <secret squirrel>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now