Talk

Advanced search

Formal Wedding Dress

(18 Posts)
BookcaseFullofBooks Wed 05-Jan-11 08:16:02

DH, DD and I are going to a formal wedding in London this year and I need help with what sort of thing to wear but with a budget in mind - help!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 05-Jan-11 08:17:58

Is it around the end of April? I mean, how formal will it be?

BookcaseFullofBooks Wed 05-Jan-11 08:25:40

DH had been asked to wear a morning suit and I need to wear appropriate dress to complement. DD should probably wear something suitable but comfortable.

BikeRunSki Wed 05-Jan-11 08:42:32

Get thee to John Lewis personal shopper, and tell them your budget and the situation. Friend of mine did this when she went to a wedding that was featured in "OK" and they were fab. Did her DD too, and did not laugh at her budget.

BookcaseFullofBooks Wed 05-Jan-11 08:56:46

Thank you. I'm unlikely to be in any magazines though - that would make me even more nervous!

TrillianAstra Wed 05-Jan-11 09:02:55

grin at "is it around the end of April?"

That would be rather formal indeed.

BookcaseFullofBooks Wed 05-Jan-11 09:30:35

It's not that wedding, sorry. There is at least one other wedding happening this year

BookcaseFullofBooks Wed 05-Jan-11 10:46:12

Seriously though, I am starting to worry about this. I've googled morning dress and it says I need to wear a hat. I don't want to look like an idiot confused.

BookcaseFullofBooks Wed 05-Jan-11 18:17:27

I have a dress that is very similar to this but in red. Is that too much?
I really have no clue about this.

MadameCastafiore Wed 05-Jan-11 18:21:48

I would say that is an evening dress.

What size are you?

I have a Coast Dress that have worn once but gave me huge boobs and no longer stays up since boobs have disappeared!

Is black and cream, isn't strapless so you can wear bra with it, comes under bust, ties with a thick black matt ribbon and then there is a black corsage to pin on ribbon where ever you want. Goes out from under bust to I would say just below knee.

Could always lend it to you?

BookcaseFullofBooks Wed 05-Jan-11 18:26:10

That's very kind of you! I'm a size 14. I've often drooled over dresses in Coast but they look impossibly small.

MadameCastafiore Wed 05-Jan-11 18:42:43

It is a size 14 I think - do you want me to send it to you so you can have a look - would look good with a black hat and bag and shoes - or black and nude would be good?

BookcaseFullofBooks Wed 05-Jan-11 19:06:35

If you're happy to post it, that would be great.
Thank you very much. I'll send you a pm.

MadameCastafiore Wed 05-Jan-11 19:42:33

Super - when is the wedding - are you in a rush?

BookcaseFullofBooks Wed 05-Jan-11 19:46:50

It's next month. Is that okay?

MadameCastafiore Thu 06-Jan-11 19:43:02

Yes I will stick it in th epost at the weekend.

Hope it fits - don;t feel bad to say if you don't like it.

cat64 Thu 06-Jan-11 20:29:09

Message withdrawn

MadameCastafiore Thu 13-Jan-11 16:53:19

Sent first class yesterday so hopefully you should get today or tomorrow - hope it fits and is ok.

If you can stretch to it maybe buy a fur bolero to wear with it - will keep you warm and look sty;ish.

MCX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now