Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Duo boots - worth £90?

(35 Posts)
PonceyMcPonce Tue 04-Jan-11 18:38:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

teta Tue 04-Jan-11 18:40:42

I love my Duo boots.They are worth the investment!.

PonceyMcPonce Tue 04-Jan-11 18:41:49

cabbageroses Tue 04-Jan-11 18:48:34

They are worth it to me as i can't find any others that fit my skinny legs.

£90 is reasonable for leather boots- even Clarks are that price.

HighlandTea Tue 04-Jan-11 19:05:35

Mine were more than worth every penny I paid for them

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 04-Jan-11 19:20:25

yes

mine are beautifully made and even have the softest pink leather lining with all the seams inside so nothing to rub/unravel

I paid £140 in the sale last year, and would pay full price

And the Embra shop and staff are marv

WillbeanChariot Tue 04-Jan-11 19:23:35

Yes. I've had one pair and they were gorgeous and very well made. I wore them out but it took some doing!

FromGirders Tue 04-Jan-11 19:23:56

Oh yes. The first pair I bought lasted for 5 years if wearing every day in winter for school run (walking) .
Well worth it.

mololoko Tue 04-Jan-11 19:31:01

I have 3 pairs blush. From before we had children back in the days we had money! They're great and last for YEARS. Also have absurdly skinny legs for my size so they fit a treat.

duckyfuzz Tue 04-Jan-11 19:31:52

well worth it

Gogopops Tue 04-Jan-11 20:38:15

I have three pairs (lucky enough to find one on eBay for £25) which I've now owned for a number of years. My favourite was my first pair that I've had for about 6 years and are still going strong and look good despite lots and lots of wear each winter. I polish them properly and get them re-heeled regularly. They are excellent quality and will last for years so well worth the investment. Go for it. smile

Deaddei Tue 04-Jan-11 21:01:10

Yes.....I have a pair for 2 winters and they are like new, and just bought 2pairs in the sale.

chandellina Tue 04-Jan-11 21:27:30

i have one pair i love and one i hate. one difference in the ones i love is that they are leather lined and the others are a bulkier synthetic fabric. also make sure you get them sized right because i got the second pair too wide and they gape.

PonceyMcPonce Tue 04-Jan-11 21:29:21

domesticslattern Fri 07-Jan-11 13:48:56

Just to let you know that this thread is linked to from the Duo website. Have to say that I love my Duo boots and have three pairs- but Duo, if you're listening, how about doing some biker style boots please? The versions you do are always slightly middle aged. I have searched high and low for good quality biker boots which I can get my feet in (just returning a pair to my-wardrobe this morning as I can't get my high insteps into the pull-on style and just quoted £178 to add zips!) . Would be great to find some somewhere. Really good quality ones I could wear for five years like my last, totally knackered, ones.
Anyway, duo boots. Another vote for them.

sweetheart Fri 07-Jan-11 13:54:48

I love my duo boots - 2nd year wearing them. I've also just seen the boots I have are currently on sale so I've brought them in a 2nd colour.

lobsters Fri 07-Jan-11 13:56:35

I love mine and I've paid a lot more than that for them in the past, they are all still going strong

ilovecrisps Fri 07-Jan-11 13:58:33

do you buy them online or always try on? (worried about fit)

cabbageroses Fri 07-Jan-11 14:02:02

Their customer sales team are helpful- as are the reviews. I have found the foot size varies a lot between styles- I am normally a 38, but have 3 pairs of Duo boots- in a 37, 38 and 39.

fluffles Fri 07-Jan-11 14:03:02

yes, i have three pairs - one is about seven years old!
i paid about £120 for my most expensive pair and i love them.

saythatagain Fri 07-Jan-11 14:03:59

On a recommendation off here I ordered a pair. They arrived just yesterday and are lovely. I'm tall and large of calf - they fit beautifully. (£160 inc postage but well worth imo).

Cyb Fri 07-Jan-11 14:05:29

I think £90 an average price for a pair of boots from a decent shop

Mssoul Fri 07-Jan-11 14:10:08

I bought some last year, the assistant said I should get too tight ones as they stretch and they didn't so I have always had a minging squidge of fat at the top. Also, the zip pull came off after two wears and the sole started to come away after a few wears on each boot. I was not at all impressed. In fact, I am more impressed with a pair I got in TK Maxx for £20. Sorry to be so negative grin I really wish I had returned them now.

seventiescarpet Fri 07-Jan-11 14:26:42

i've bought two pairs from them, both needed re soled far quicker than I would have expected given the price I paid- my first pair needed re heeled after less than a months wear! Duo head office were useless, I returned them and they wouldn't refund or replace them,only offered to repair at a 'discount'(was cheaper to do locally). And they didn't refund the postage on them either!
Said boots are now at back of wardrobe unwearable as a bit of the sole at the toe has worn and won't be able to be fixed.
So, if you do choose to buy them , keep a close eye on the soles-I would take them straight to a cobbler for advice before wear.

slug Fri 07-Jan-11 15:15:04

I've resoled mine once and reheeled twice but, price per wear, they are the cheapest boots I've ever had. I love them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: