Talk

Advanced search

Really humungus black opaque tights

(6 Posts)
Rolf Mon 03-Jan-11 16:45:05

I have bought 5 (count 'em!) dresses from Phase Eight, and am very happy with the way they skim over my midsection. But I'm not happy with the tights I bought from M&S. I got black opaque ones, and bought large ones in the hope that I could hoik them over my (disastrous) tummy. But they roll down and leave me with multiple stomachs. I have some old maternity tights which come up nice and high but are a big baggy. Where can I get some tights that pull up really high, almost to my bra - and it's a very long journey over my tummy which manages to be both bloated, blubbery and saggy - that aren't too supportive (as I find too much constriction on my tummy very uncomfortable).

I asked this question at a party and managed to clear the room in a few seconds so hopefully I'll have more success on tinterweb.

I'm a size 14.

thanks.

collision Mon 03-Jan-11 16:46:27

I wear knickers, put tights on and then another pair of Bridget Jones' knickers over the top!! grin

Bit like you do with a baby or toddler!

Works wonderfully well and gives me a flatter tummy!

hatesponge Mon 03-Jan-11 16:51:09

I buy my opaques from Primark - they are generally v long in the body and can be pulled up to bra level. The sizes are fairly generous, I wear the XL ones (am a size 20) and they are v comfortable and not constricting.

They're also quite cheap (£2.50/£3 per pair) grin

Rolf Mon 03-Jan-11 16:53:02

ooh, I like the double knickers idea! And Primark is definitely worth a try too. I hadn't thought of that.

BigTillyMincepie Mon 03-Jan-11 16:53:34

I think I may have the tights you wantgrin

All my M&S tights come right up to my bra which I hate - I want tights that finish on my waist!

Why don't you try some "control" pants - they do ones that come up to your bra.

IAmReallyFabNow Mon 03-Jan-11 16:59:01

I have the M&S black sparkly tights about £6 and the navy sparkly ones which were £9.50. They are large/extra large and fit really well. I am a size 14.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now