Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Eye pencils

(24 Posts)
miche8 Sun 02-Jan-11 16:50:40

Whats your favourite?

Not liking:
benefit bad girl - too thick
No.7 - drags the skin

FaffTastic Sun 02-Jan-11 16:56:49

I like the Dior waterproof pencil eyeliner. Goes on easy and doesn't smudge

twoboots Sun 02-Jan-11 16:58:01

bourjois kohl and contour

mssoul Sun 02-Jan-11 16:58:58

My daughter and all her mates use urban decay black. The best allegedly and it's usually sold out when we go to get it. They are 13 grin but they genuinely seem to know much, much more than me about such things!

Iatemyskinnyperson Sun 02-Jan-11 18:19:21

Prestige (at Boots) are as good as Urban Decay at 1/3rd the price. The one I'm talking about has 'waterproof' in the name. Nice selection of shades too.

Gillybobs Sun 02-Jan-11 20:44:21

Pixie (available at boots) is a recent discovery, silky and easy to apply and lasts really well without smudging (a huge problem for me normally). Max Factor twist up eye pencil is another good product which lasts well. I find other brands just dont last on me : (

Have recently tried these new gel eyeliners (bobbi brown and clinique) and if you can get the hang of applying them with a brush (secret is elbows on the table btw) they are ace and last all day

mssoul Mon 03-Jan-11 00:55:32

I ate my skinny person I shall pass that on to the wean. In fairness, she saves up pocket money, so it's her money earned from chores/childcare help etc

CointreauVersial Mon 03-Jan-11 00:57:55

I like the Max Factor twist-up pencil one too. No faffing around with a sharpener.

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 03-Jan-11 02:41:23

'Pure' from Boots, goes on so easily, easy to blend and stays put all day, love it.

WhereAmIWhereAreYou Mon 03-Jan-11 07:23:44

GOSH from Superdrug. Better than Prestige brands! shock

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 03-Jan-11 08:30:14

Mac ones are brilliant.

faustina Mon 03-Jan-11 09:30:51

bourjois - longest lasting, never seems to break

otchayaniye Mon 03-Jan-11 09:35:28

Laura Mercier ones - black violet, and the browny copper one are very good.

Nars does a teal one which is fantastic. Need no other eye makeup with that one, sort of bleeds out to a lovely teal smokey eye.

Cheapy ones, Rimmel is good. The grey and the black.

valiumredhead Wed 05-Jan-11 09:43:29

Have you tied the Metallic range from No 7? very soft and creamy and doesn't drag. Estee Lauder's doublewear range is brilliant and stays put all day and lasts a long time too.

Catsmamma Wed 05-Jan-11 09:46:15

i have the L'oreal one...like a fake eye pencil...the colour bit is in a plastic holder iyswim

it is lovely, does not creep down my face, or over my lenses...i wear it on the inner edge

I would like it to be a bit longerlasting/thicker but it's good enough.

NotFromConcentrate Wed 05-Jan-11 10:01:17

I was noseying at the new(ish) range of make-up in Top Shop (am usually a YSL/Chanel/Bourgois fan) and their eye liners are lovely! Haven't worn them yet, but lots of funky metallic shades and a nice soft, easily smudged pencil

aquavit Wed 05-Jan-11 10:39:59

I use urban decay 24/7 (fabulous range of colours, well pigmented and very long lasting) and estee lauder double wear (more smudgy but just utterly gorgeous). Both glide on very smoothly. MAC are also nice but don't have the same staying power.

JustAnother Wed 05-Jan-11 11:31:19

definitely Urban Decay.

moragdingdongbellingham Wed 05-Jan-11 12:33:24

Urban decay 24/7 or Pixie. Gel eyeliners that don't drag and set within seconds.

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 05-Jan-11 12:45:20

Estee Lauder Doublewear is fantastic.

It is very soft and doesn't drag, and has a lovely almost ily tecture.

It is very versatile - can look smokey and if you put it under eyeshadwo, changes colour.

It's brilliant, and I normally loathe Estee make up.

valiumredhead Wed 05-Jan-11 13:22:50

And don't forget that handy smudger at the end of the pencil getorfmoiland - love it grin

coldtits Wed 05-Jan-11 13:24:55

Avon has a great one. It's VERY soft, goes on like a liquid, but is a pencil, and sets like a marker men! Cheap too (£4?)

valiumredhead Wed 05-Jan-11 13:26:52

Oh yes, I used to use an Avon one that sounds like that coldtits, it was amazing - in fact I used it on my wedding day many moons ago, wonder if it's the same formula? Might have to investigate......

forehead Wed 05-Jan-11 13:32:44

Avon and Rimmel(soft kohl)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: