Talk

Advanced search

welly / boot advice

(10 Posts)
rusmum Sun 02-Jan-11 10:04:52

i want some boots that will keep my feet dry and warm! Afetr the snow i realised mine are not waterproof. I also want them to look stylish. Just bought some hunter wellies but they were too big so gone back. Also wasnt sure about them. Advice please??? Hunters?? Other welly?? Or alternative?

AllBuggiedOut Sun 02-Jan-11 15:24:09

I've just bought these which are much nicer on than Hunters. But I don't think any wellies are going to keep you warm, unless you go for sheepskin lined ones. I've tried hunter wellie socks and their fleecy liners, neither of which make much difference in the snow. Toes still froze very quickly sad

LovePinkBitsOfMyHorse Sun 02-Jan-11 15:26:33

this sort of thing is more comfortable and much warmer

Shhhh Sun 02-Jan-11 15:59:22

why not opt for snow type boots..?
For lapland we got us and the dk's snow boots and we seem to have had use once back home with them..

Ideal for walks and also for the snow.
I find they keep my feet dry and v vvvvv warm.smile

like these. Mine are very similar, I wear them with jeans so all you can see is the bottom shoe part so they just look like normal walking boots.

I can't emphasise enough how warm they are!

MrsFromage Sun 02-Jan-11 19:07:33

These keep you dry and are much warmer than wellies.

www.bogsfootwear.com

carlossss Mon 03-Jan-11 00:10:37

Message withdrawn

carlossss Mon 03-Jan-11 00:12:17

Message withdrawn

rusmum Mon 03-Jan-11 09:44:36

i am usually an 8- bought an 8 and were huge!

thanks wil keep looking- how much were your amazon ones?

carlossss Mon 03-Jan-11 11:53:49

Message withdrawn

rusmum Mon 03-Jan-11 12:08:18

i ordered from office 65 plus post then cost e 7 to return!!! NOT good. I got 2 pairs of the fleece socks awaiting my decision ( zebra print and pink!). I got the black gloss ones. Undecided whether to order another pair (60 amazon) or not bother and send socks back???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now