Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

DisARSEtar!

(8 Posts)
CeliaChristmasFate Fri 31-Dec-10 15:02:37

I'd ordered a new outfit to wear tonight. It hasn't come. I had my eyebrows waxed yesterday and have a lovely red burn mark on one of my brow lines where the wax was too hot. I'm v. fed up now. sad

brimfull Fri 31-Dec-10 15:05:58

oh dear
errr
have you anything else to wear
cover burn with makeup
or look on it as conversation piece

panettoinydog Fri 31-Dec-10 15:26:08

quel bummer.

I wag my finger at you for relying on a parcel to be delivered in time for hogmanay. Dig out something you know you look good in. Give yourself a body scrub, a liberal spread of lovely body cream and maybe nip out for a new bit of quality make-up?

Liek ggirl, I'd make the burn a topic of conversation. I love having anecdotes like that at get-togethers

JenaiMarrsTartanFoxCube Fri 31-Dec-10 15:50:42

Have my friend's brow fell off when she had it waxed right before her wedding. Make up was her friend on that occassion.

Have you enough time/money to make a panic dash to the shops for a new frock?

JenaiMarrsTartanFoxCube Fri 31-Dec-10 15:51:06

Half my friend's brow.

ImeldaSnowboots Fri 31-Dec-10 16:03:29

I, and lots of other people, am sure, are too ill or not able to go out, I'll swap you the burn mark & nothing to wear for a hacking cough and woozy head!!

Agree with pannetoinydog, wear something you know you look good in & have fun, its New Years Eve ffs! [wish I could go out emocion] envy

tethersend Fri 31-Dec-10 16:06:26

I find the best solution is to wear crap clothes and get so drunk you can't see your own reflection. Hey Presto! Problem solved.

CeliaChristmasFate Fri 31-Dec-10 16:26:19

Yup, I think copious alcohol is the way to go!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: