Talk

Advanced search

Is there a spot concealer that actually works?

(14 Posts)
pinkhyena Thu 30-Dec-10 08:26:17

Well? Is there? I've tried so many and they're all pants!

wallababy Thu 30-Dec-10 08:31:56

Benefit "boiing" works for me

carlossss Thu 30-Dec-10 12:12:44

Message withdrawn

pinkhyena Thu 30-Dec-10 15:12:54

Hmm the only thing with powders is that it often ends up making the skin around the spot look really dry and flakey. A friend of mine recommended boiing but im a bit reluctant to spend £20 or however much it is if i'm not sure it'll work. Do benefit do samples at all?

tethersend Thu 30-Dec-10 15:24:01

yy to bare minerals- used with the right brush it's amazing and doesn't make the spots worse.

It's not powdery at all.

jazzchickens Thu 30-Dec-10 18:45:54

I forked out for the Benefit "Boiing" and went back to Rimmel Concealer which works brilliantly for me. I do apply it to the back of my hand first though and then dab on blemish with finger. Seems to work better that way

FaffTastic Thu 30-Dec-10 18:58:43

Have tried loads and find the cheapest one atually works best for me - Rimmel Hide the Blemish

fustyarse Thu 30-Dec-10 20:36:04

benefit Erase Paste - the ONLY effective one I have ever used

Haven't tried Boiing yet but Benefit is v v v good

I save up my Boots points for it

carlossss Fri 31-Dec-10 00:16:23

Message withdrawn

singingcat Fri 31-Dec-10 00:27:06

The Rimmel liquid concealer is good, I find. Not expensive either

KPee Fri 31-Dec-10 09:20:56

Maybeline (sp?) concealer mouse is fantastic. Cheap and cheerful, but gives excellent coverage - after having a super annoying outbreak just before holiday this ,I used this and you can't see a single spot in any of the snaps. result.

pinkhyena Fri 31-Dec-10 15:06:26

I use the rimmel hide the blemish one at the moment but I don't really like it. Thanks for the recommendations i'll try the cheaper ones first and go from there I think.

emsyj Fri 31-Dec-10 22:29:19

A Clinique one called Advanced Concealer that is no longer marketed in the UK (I was told by a counter assistant that it was because the formula is oil-based and separates at certain temperatures but I've never found this and have no idea if it's true). You can buy it in the USA. If you go or know anyone who's going, it's worth picking up. It is amazing but I only use it for covering really bad zits or on nights out as the oil based formula can block your pores and make your skin worse. But for occasional use, it's fab.

You could also check out Dermablend, which was developed for people with severe scarring. I think you would need to be shown how to use it tho as from what little I know it involves setting powder etc and sounds complicated.

valiumredhead Wed 05-Jan-11 09:47:21

Bare minerals with the correct concealor brush - amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now