Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed on a haircut. Appt booked for tomorrow!

(12 Posts)
kid Wed 29-Dec-10 21:02:21

I currently have longish, dark hair with a long layer in. My face shape is oval and my hair is very thick. I don't mind the style I have but its been the same for ages and as its quite boring, I'd like a change. But, I have no idea what to have done so I wondered if anyone can advise me?

My current hairstyle is a bit like this image

I'll see if I have a photo of me on my computer I can add to my profile, I doubt there is one though!

I really don't want to turn up there tomorrow and just get it trimmed.

TIA

carlossss Wed 29-Dec-10 21:30:01

Message withdrawn

kid Wed 29-Dec-10 21:34:13

thats my current hairstyle that I had done at a hairdressers in Hackney. I straighten it to make it nice and smooth. Its just long with a layer near the bottom and also a feathered look at the front.

I want it changed though, I tend to tie it back a lot. I am very lucky to have very healthy hair, I don't know how as I don't look after it at all!

carlossss Wed 29-Dec-10 21:57:29

Message withdrawn

tethersend Wed 29-Dec-10 22:09:43

Get a blunt fringe cut in and leave the length- something like this or this

carlossss Wed 29-Dec-10 22:22:11

Message withdrawn

kid Wed 29-Dec-10 23:01:17

I am considering a fringe, even though it took me years to completely grow one out!

I quite like the fringe in the first link, its not too heavy so its definitely something I will consider.
Just 12 hours till my appt!

carlossss Wed 29-Dec-10 23:21:12

Message withdrawn

kid Wed 29-Dec-10 23:31:04

not having highlights done, just going for the cut (and manicure smile)

I will either have a full light fringe cut in or a side fringe. I will also be getting some layers to lift the weight off the length. Thats my plan anyway.

I sent that pic to your email address. I didn't send a photo of me even though I did attempt to take one. I've been ill with the flu for 2 weeks plus I washed my hair this morning and didn't straighten it so it looks horrible. Good luck in your search for a decent cut.

carlossss Wed 29-Dec-10 23:49:32

Message withdrawn

kid Wed 29-Dec-10 23:52:56

as long as i don't hate it i'll send you a pic smile

carlossss Thu 30-Dec-10 12:14:40

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now