Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Dark straight leg jeans - recommendations?

(15 Posts)
clutterqueen Wed 29-Dec-10 20:23:39

Am in desperate need, okay that's a bit dramatic, I would like some new straight leg jeans. Am currently wearing old bootleg Sevens but they are so faded they look worn out and my faithful old Citizens of Humanity are now actually threadbare and ripped. Have tried Gap but they looked a bit odd (tho I ended up with their skinny version).
Does anyone have any recommendations? Probably a mid dark wash with soft denim if poss?

Discounted suggestions welcome grin

TigerseyeMum Wed 29-Dec-10 20:44:38

I am loving my Tesco jeans hmm I have skinny fit and boot flare ones, £12. And they come in 3 lengths.

RoadCraftGuru Wed 29-Dec-10 20:46:31

Was going to recommend Gap

<wanders away feeling "odd">

smile

dexter73 Wed 29-Dec-10 20:48:36

Uniqlo are very good.

MissHellToe Wed 29-Dec-10 21:09:14

Oasis are fab for dark skinny jeans. I got some in their summer sale reduced from £45 to £14, best bargain ever given how great they are.

clutterqueen Wed 29-Dec-10 21:13:52

Sorry "Roadcraft", can't actually remember why I didn't get on with the Gap ones (pre Christmas you see...). I think it was cos one size was too small and the others too big...

I will def look in Oasis tho - haven't been in there for what feels like 15 years, least not since I've had kids!

RoadCraftGuru Wed 29-Dec-10 21:16:40

Ha, ha. Not offended at all Clutter! In fact, whilst I have one perfect (for me!) pair of Gap straigh legged jeans the identical pair I bought don't fit as well hmm

clutterqueen Wed 29-Dec-10 21:25:38

I bloody hate buying jeans too. You have to be in precisely the right mood, and definitely on your own/with girlfriends!

Dawnybabe Wed 29-Dec-10 21:27:34

Will probably be flamed for mentioning the B word but I am currently wearing to death a pair of Boden denim straight leg trousers which are the softest, most comfortable, most flattering jeans-type trousers I have ever had the pleasure of wearing!

Dawnybabe Wed 29-Dec-10 21:31:15

These but there's not many left, might want to wait till the new stuff comes out. Make sure you come on here and ask around for a discount code, someone will have one.

Dawnybabe Wed 29-Dec-10 21:32:59

I meant these Whoops, sorry blush

sharbie Wed 29-Dec-10 21:34:58

got some for dd matalan slim fit straight leg £10 fitted perfectly

clutterqueen Wed 29-Dec-10 21:53:10

bwah ha! Thanks Dawny. Have had a quick look. I did actually try some B* ones on but they looked a bit like leggings, not much 'character' in them.

Dawnybabe Wed 29-Dec-10 22:04:19

Oh well, I tried!

carrielou2007 Wed 29-Dec-10 22:39:22

M and S, they used to be 12 quid but have gone up to 15 now, 3 lenghts, the straight leg is so different from bootcut which I have always gone for. Don't let the 'sits on the waist' bit put you off, the most flattering jeans I have ever bought and a pleasure to try them on in the changing room!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: