Talk

Advanced search

Best hair product for heat protection?

(10 Posts)
singingcat Tue 28-Dec-10 18:39:10

Got straighteners for Christmas after never using them before. I have been using the little bottle of stuff that came with it, but not sure if that's best. I don't use them that much, twice a week max, and I don't bother with straightening every strand.

Any suggestions for a heat protection product?

MrsSeanBean Tue 28-Dec-10 19:29:50

I think this is very good. Smells nice too.

singingcat Tue 28-Dec-10 19:45:05

Ooh Kerastase. Lots of pennies, but I believe it will make me beautiful

Blatherskite Tue 28-Dec-10 19:46:50

I bought some of this because it was easier to pack for holiday than my usual huge bottle of protector that I got from the Hairdresers but actually, I'm preferring it. Leaves my hair wonderfully soft as well as smooth and shiny - and it's much cheaper. I would recommend it.

SmokinSanta Tue 28-Dec-10 19:52:41

Charles worthington heat stuff

Have used various ones over the last 2 years - this is the best by far. Put it on towel dried hair, blow dry and then straighten. Great at protecting your hair.

BelligerentYhoULE Wed 29-Dec-10 16:02:26

The best one I've used is the Tony and Guy one. I didn't like the Charles worthington one (sticky), the Umberto whatsisname one (smelly and sticky) or the Lee Stafford one. The T&G one is more expensive than some of the others but deffo worth it for my short, wavy-ish hair.

carlossss Wed 29-Dec-10 18:17:31

Message withdrawn

Marie1260 Mon 19-Dec-16 19:15:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Kel1234 Tue 20-Dec-16 14:57:19

I know it's wrong, and you should never really straighten hair without heat protection, but I don't bother using any. I use my GHD's every day, I do a complete straighten (tiny section at a time) after every wash- 3 times a week, and the rest of the time I put my hair in a ponytail and straighten the back.
I found that any sprays made my hair feel horrible and sticky, so I stopped.

When I used to go the hairdressers and they straightened my hair with straighteners, they used to put something through it right at the end, looked like some sort of balm perhaps? Any ideas what that was? As that used to be great?

ChishandFips33 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:20:52

Tresseme heat protector spray seems to be the only one for my fine hair that doesn't weight it down/make it greasy/sticky

I straighten every day

I also use Regis Silk drops to tame frizz. Smells gorgeous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now