Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Rosacea

(9 Posts)
NotEnoughTime Mon 27-Dec-10 20:31:57

Does anyone have any tips re Rosacea? Either covering it up or trying to control/get rid of it? blush PS Im not embarrassed-this is how my face looks when the rosacea strikes!

snownutty Mon 27-Dec-10 20:43:08

Get to the docs for a topical antibiotic. Worked wonders for me. Can't use it atm because I'm expecting but as soon as I can I'll be back on it.

I wasted years and loads of money on different skincare stuff before going to the docs when I was about to get married and just wanted to look normal in my photos.

NotEnoughTime Mon 27-Dec-10 20:50:15

Thanks snownutty I will do that.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 27-Dec-10 20:55:13

Topical ABs from doctor and a good foundation - a fairly creamy one that doesn't 'flake'.

The commonest AB prescribed for rosacea is something called Metrogel - this may control the problem but I found it was incompatible with any makeup or sunscreen (and sunscreen is a must in summer if you have rosacea). Sort of peeled when I put anything on top. So instead I had first Rosex cream and then Finacea gel (which is more of a cream too).

Changes in temp are a big exacerbating factor so alternating between cooking xmas food and walks/playing in the cold have me blush too!

Giftwrapped Mon 27-Dec-10 20:56:47

I found manual lymphatic drainage worked better than anything I was prescribed.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 27-Dec-10 21:02:04

Do tell us more, Giftwrapped - is this a DIY treatment?

DrSeuss Mon 27-Dec-10 21:02:53

I get an antibiotic lotion on prescription. Works really well.

Giftwrapped Wed 29-Dec-10 18:08:36

It's a light massage on your face. It's very relaxing and the reduction in the redness in my face was very noticeable.

www.mlduk.org.uk/therapy/MLD

NotEnoughTime Wed 29-Dec-10 18:16:14

Thanks everyone. I think I like the sound of the massage best grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: