Talk

Advanced search

Estee Lauder Double Wear

(21 Posts)
maize Wed 22-Dec-10 16:24:56

I want a new foundation (have posted about this a few times) and a few people have recommended Estee Lauder Double Wear so I got a sample and am trying it out today. It seems very good, very even coverage etc. I am a bit worried it is almost too thick in terms of coverage and so my face looks a little matt? But than maybe this will hide wrinkles/black circles better?

Any thoughts on double wear? Or any other foundation recommendations. I am also going to get a sample of the Dior Nude and someone said Lancôme foundation was very good?

I have tried Clinque but didn't get on with it. Currently I use Max Factor but it doesn't last the day (despite using primer and a brush to apply it).

maize Wed 22-Dec-10 16:26:24

Oh I am 26 with very fair skin if that makes a difference. I have the double wear in 'shell'

ivykaty44 Wed 22-Dec-10 16:27:29

marking my place, can i ask which shop you ot your sample?

maize Wed 22-Dec-10 16:29:25

Boots. I just explained that I was very interested in buying it but I needed a small sample to try at home - she was very helpful and found me the right colour and gave me a tiny pot to take home with about 2-3 days use in it.

I will probably buy from Boots to get the points!

brimfull Wed 22-Dec-10 16:30:09

EL doublewear far too thick ime, sits in wrinkles .

I recommend Clarins Instant Smooth or Diorskin which comes in various levels of coverage

Cyb Wed 22-Dec-10 16:30:16

the two make up artists on pixiwoo rave about Double wear

Cyb Wed 22-Dec-10 16:30:50

<thinks> yes actually those two gals are about 23 so no wrinkles there

brimfull Wed 22-Dec-10 16:31:54

tis stage makeup

cornflower123 Wed 22-Dec-10 16:36:44

I really like the Doublewear Light version. As it says on the tin - is lighter than the normal one. I don't like looking too 'made up' for everyday, but was considering the normal one for evenings possibly. (However, nights out have been cancelled lately due to weather, so have made a saving there).

senua Wed 22-Dec-10 16:49:08

Estee Lauder do a product which you can mix in with Double Wear. It is called Spotlight and it makes it go on easier and gives a luminous glow effect. It costs £25 but lasts a long time.

maize Wed 22-Dec-10 17:33:31

Oh this is interesting - so it is thick! My DH just said that I look very 'foundationy'. Would be nice for an evening I agree.

Will try the Diorskin and get a sample.

Its funny because the woman said I had nice skin and needed light coverage and then she recommended this.

AxisofEvil Wed 22-Dec-10 17:38:44

Double wear is good for staying power but I find too much for daywear. Instead I use the light version or the powder.

Gillybobs Wed 22-Dec-10 17:40:47

Dont give up on it just try the Double Wear Light which lasts just as long but isnt as heavy. I promise you wont be disappointed.
For anyone who already has Double Wear and finds it too heavy you can mix it 50/50 with any primer or highlighter type product (I use one from boots Time Delay range which was about a fiver) and it lightens it up brilliantly. I also find using a brush to apply it also helps, putting it on with figures results in the mask like effect, imo.

The thing about it is if you can get the hang of applying it lightly it lasts all day long and a bottle of it will last for months

Dropdeadfred Wed 22-Dec-10 17:41:07

double wear light is the way to go..but it is high coverage, so if you have great skin you may not need it

maize Wed 22-Dec-10 18:15:09

Thanks for all the advice. Back to Boots I go I guess!

msrisotto Wed 22-Dec-10 18:17:31

I use Estee Lauder Double Wear if i'm going to be photographed - so special occasions obviously! It is rather heavy but not bad for evenings. During the day I use tinted moisturiser.

GeorginaWorsley Wed 22-Dec-10 20:25:57

I use Double Wear mixed with either Tesco 'face Lift' or 'Radiant Touch'
Have oily skin and have tried them all,but only DW lasts all day.

Havingkittens Thu 23-Dec-10 00:20:39

Double wear is very heavy coverage. It can look fab if blended very well with a brush though. If you have good skin though then something like Lancome's Teint Miracle or Diorskin Nude are lovely.

The Pixiwoo girls are not 23 that's for sure but they are make up artists so know how to blend heavier bases without making them look cakey which is something that takes a bit of practice if you're not that way inclined.

For older skins something more sheer or luminous is better unless you either have a lot of blemishes or like a very retro look which requires a full coverage base. Ideally you should use the lightest coverage you can get away with and then target any problem areas with concealer.

maize Thu 23-Dec-10 12:29:51

I think my skin is ok but other people tell me it is very good but my instinct is that it looks very good because I am very good at applying foundation!! I think my skin is quite young though in that it is quite glowy and I have greasy bits and get the odd spot/blackhead.

Will try for a lighter coverage. I want something inbetween tinted moisturiser and the double wear, the Dior Nude sounds like it might be a good idea for me (I have other Dior makeup I really like).

Many thanks for all the input on this thread, really useful.

Celery Sun 26-Dec-10 09:00:10

Diorskin Nude is amazing.

mippy Sun 26-Dec-10 21:25:54

A beauty blogger I follow at lipsticksandlightsabers loves Doublewear in Shell. Her skin always looks lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now