Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What are you wearing on Christmas day?

(36 Posts)
headfairy Wed 22-Dec-10 14:54:25

I'm not 100% decided but I think black silky wide leg trousers, graphite grey vest with a line of sequins along the top and a dove grey fine knit belted cardigan.

fibernachi Wed 22-Dec-10 14:56:19

Sounds lovely!

I think it'll be PJ's all round here. No visitors / journeys to make, thank goodness!

BelligerentYhoULE Wed 22-Dec-10 14:59:01

Layers - our house is cold!

Probably a silk skirt, with thick tights and a warm jumper.

FlightoftheCrimbleTree Wed 22-Dec-10 14:59:07

Toast dress, tights, thick woolly socks and fly boots.

I think. and a cardi. And this Toast coat if we go out.

It is a Toast day!

YunoYurbubson Wed 22-Dec-10 15:01:14

A new kurta with sparkles and bling. Probably red. (Haven't bought anything yet). With capri pants.

Dh has a new stripy shirt.

Ds has a new top with a dinosaur on it.

Dd has a hidiously froufrou sparkly pink dress.

I haven't told them I've bought Christmas outfits. Am toying with the idea of a Christmas elf delivery before while everyone is in the bath before we go out for Christmas lunch.

grin

newmomma Wed 22-Dec-10 15:24:34

Ooh - what fly boots Flight??

I'm going for this...

Dress

Well... not exactly this one - its got silk insert instead of the ruffle and the colours are different - camel dress with cream insert. But you get the idea.

headfairy Wed 22-Dec-10 15:26:02

yuno, are you somewhere hot?

I've bought dd a Christmas day dress in the Gap sale, which she can wear with tights and a cashmere cardi some very rich lawyer friends of ours bought for her

ds will insist on jeans, but he will also wear a nice new Zara top.

Gillybobs Wed 22-Dec-10 15:27:54

Mint Velvet Silver Moody Floral dress , dressed down with opaques and a black cashmere cardi.

aftereight Wed 22-Dec-10 15:29:39

A black lace shift with gold lining, black opaques and black cardi. No shoes as forbidden on ILs' pale carpet.

teenyweenytadpole Wed 22-Dec-10 15:31:35

Probably just jeans and a jumper! Might put a nicer top on for dinner - just want to be comfy, don't see the point of getting all glammed up for sitting around watching the DD's open presents and then getting all hot and sweaty in the kitchen. In any case I am fat and have no clothes.

YunoYurbubson Wed 22-Dec-10 15:31:40

Yes. High 20s on Christmas day. Boxing day on the beach.

takingchances Wed 22-Dec-10 15:39:23

I am wearing a fitted cream sleeveless dress, it comes to the knee, and has an asymmetric neckline. It's made of really thick stretch jersey.
I have a little fur jacket to go over it if I get cold but usually all the food, drink and merriment makes me overheat by 11 a.m. anyway.

Lovely dress will no doubt be discarded after dinner and swapped for a pair of elasticated waist tracksuit bottoms.

aBrightStarWithFestiveWays Wed 22-Dec-10 15:45:56

Either a black Phase Eight wiggle dress with dark blue opaques and black shoeboots, plus grey leopard print cardi; or a brown frock with cream polka dots, worn with cream cardi, brown belt and as yet unspecified foot- and legwear.

Can't decide which to wear for Christmas/Boxing Day. It depends who has the most snow grin

HavingAnOffDAy Wed 22-Dec-10 15:52:46

this with black leggings & brown high heeled shoe boots.

Couldn't really justify anything more glam as with be 32 weeks pg on Christmas Day.

Am envy of your outfits & am taking inspiration for next year!!

dustycups Wed 22-Dec-10 15:53:55

pj day here, a day off from getting dressed! bliss!

Pinkjenny Wed 22-Dec-10 15:54:22

The high street wink version of these and a black v neck knit with studded high courts.

domeafavour Wed 22-Dec-10 15:59:52

do you have to be fabulous to join this thread? smile

Waswondering Wed 22-Dec-10 16:01:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

headfairy Wed 22-Dec-10 16:02:41

domeafavour, well I'm not and I started it

tassisssss Wed 22-Dec-10 16:06:31

I think I'm going to overdress and wear a jersey LBD with floaty sleeves to the elbow and lacy tights.

Overdressed as it's just the 5 of us (and church) so may change my mind and just wear jeans.

Girls will wear red velvet dresses, ds will wear black trousers and smart shirt and dh will be as casual as he can get away with given that he has to lead a service at church (probably jeans, a shirt and a jumper).

domeafavour Wed 22-Dec-10 16:08:04

sounds like a fab outfit though headfairy!!!

I should never wander over to S&B!!

DS will look good though!

headfairy Wed 22-Dec-10 16:10:45

domeafavour, my mum gave me the trousers, so not that glam, hand me downs from a 67 year old! She's quite stylish though, and they are from Paul Costelloe so I feel a bit justified. Most of all they have a huge stretchy waist for all that foooooood grin

KnowNothing Wed 22-Dec-10 16:18:32

I've got some new (to me) Monsoon grey cottony jeans that aren't jeans (erm, trousers then) for a fiver from the charity shop that I've been saving. I am looking forward to wearing them a ridiculous amount as they look smart but I think I will be able to eat lots in them too grin

aBrightStarWithFestiveWays Wed 22-Dec-10 16:26:26

HavingAnOffDay, that is far more glamorous than anything I wore at 32 weeks pregnant! You will look lovely

scattyspice Wed 22-Dec-10 16:27:58

I found a very Christmassy red tartan blouse (with short sleaves and bow). Just the job with black jeans and navy cardy smile.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: